Becoming a dentist in another country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildrice

Army Dentist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im sure most of you are aware of what it takes for a foreign trained dentist to become a dentist in the states, but im curious about the other side of the coin. do any of you know how an american dentist may go about becoming a dentist in another country - ie England, Spain or France?
I have always been a traveller at heart and i see this as an exciting yet under explored opportunity to dentists w/ the appropriate mix of language skill and wayfarer outlook on life.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't tell u about France or England. But here in Russia doctor with american diploma is very respected. Once just have to complete internship in speciality he wants to practice. It usually lasts for 3 month, not more. Then certificating exams. That's all. But in fact foreigners pay bribe to certificating comissions and get docs faster without any exams. That's it.

many of foreign trained dentists are suffering a lot to become dentist in us.As far as know many of my friends went back to their home country becos of stupid competition..I myself feeling very bad about myself becos its been 3yrs stay in us and still i didnt get into dental school and i dont know how long it will take for me to become dentist in us.MY advice to all dentists is be a wonderful dentist in your home contry rather than suffering in some ohter country.I hope every one will make good decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, if you want to be a dentist in France, you will have to do 3 years...they put you back in the fisrt year where you will have to pass an exam called "concour" and then they put you back in the 5th and 6th year.
And of course you must know french cause all the exams are in french.
About England and spain i don't know.
Take care

That's to long to take finish up your dental course in France as same here in country it takes 8 years to finished up the course :D

im a general dentist in IRAN and i wish to be a dentist in germany may anyone guide me what i had to doo?

hi! I am from the Philippines and I am planning to practice in Singapore. Does anyone here know or have any idea as to how a foreigner can practice dentistry in Singapore? thank you!

I am preference to work in Randolph, NJ, USA. Very sophisticated environment to give affordable Dental Care service.