Beginning to start to prep for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverBandCry!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just beginning to start to prep for the MCAT and was wondering, what books did you use? I plan to take the Princeton Review or Kaplan course sometime but I would like to do some prep on my own first.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

if you paid attention in your undergrad classes then a few review books will be fine. examkrackers are highly touted (and possibly overrated) on sdn, but i found them best for the sciences. TPR's PS is supposed to be good, too. I wasn't too into EK verbal 101, I actually thought TPR and the later AAMC tests were much more like the actual VR section because the EK passages weren't boring enough.

Books have been debated endlessly in this forum so look around a little more and you will find all sorts of other recommendations.

modelslashactor said:
if you paid attention in your undergrad classes then a few review books will be fine. examkrackers are highly touted (and possibly overrated) on sdn, but i found them best for the sciences. TPR's PS is supposed to be good, too. I wasn't too into EK verbal 101, I actually thought TPR and the later AAMC tests were much more like the actual VR section because the EK passages weren't boring enough.

Books have been debated endlessly in this forum so look around a little more and you will find all sorts of other recommendations.

That is one of the best mullets I've ever seen.