Behavioral neurology

Started by BrianUM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrianUM

Future M.D
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there

I had a question regarding Behavioral Neurology. I have not seen it listed as an actual subspecialty of Neurology by AAMC. How long is fellowship training? Pay?

Thanks
 
Hey there

I had a question regarding Behavioral Neurology. I have not seen it listed as an actual subspecialty of Neurology by AAMC. How long is fellowship training? Pay?

Thanks

Fellowship is 1 or 2 years depending on your interests and the program. I believe UCLA (Jeff Cummings) is pretty much the "gold standard" fellowship for neurobehavior, but I'm sure there are other opinions on that. I doubt it will buy you any extra money in the job market; neurobehavior evals are long and timeconsuming, therefore you have low patient volume, and nobody reimburses well for anything "behavioral." This is something you do because you love it, not because you will make a lot of money at it.