Behavioral Sci

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
why am i blowing phsio and histo out...yet...strugling to pass behavioral

this has got ot be the most annoying class...
it doesnt help that i dont go to class, or read anything untill weekend of exam

but thats because...the class is just ...i dunno...it just seems useless to me.

those who have teken step 1...is behavioral asked often.

how about embryo

i think behavioral and embryo have got to be the worst classes in the history of post graduatee classes

my lil sis almost threw up after lookin at some pics in moore embryology

Members don't see this ad.

There is a significant amount of behavioral science on the step I exam. About 10-20% of your test will be behavioral science questions.

Embryology is poorly represented on the exam. I think I had all of 2 embryo questions.

Embryo you can probably punt, but you'd be a fool to punt behavioral science for step I!

I still have nightmares about the amount of behavioral science that I had on Step 1 in June. I did fine in the class (even though I hated most of it), but almost blew it off for the boards. Luckily, I was forewarned by some students from previous years and studied it enough to get by. Don't let it go! Get a good review book as boards approach. As for embryo, I can't remember much, if any, from Step 1. Still, it's good to know the basics and then build on that. Embryology was touched upon in my peds rotation and pediatrics shelf exam, especially cardiac. It was a topic that was embedded in our Gross Anatomy class and one that I didn't care for at the time, but seems much more interesting and frightening now that I have an embryo of my own developing...

Get Barbara Fadem's BRS Behavioral Science review book. Know everything in that from cover to cover. I did and got an 86 on the "shelf".