This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenuto2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a MS4 really interested in dev peds but I sometimes wonder if it makes more sense to go into psych instead of peds if I already know now that I want to do more behavioral work. I also fear that because I’m location bound due to having a family, I might not get into dev peds fellowship because there’s only a few spots in the area I’m in, but there’s likely more child psych fellowships. I also think that I would probably prefer gen psych over gen peds, but I would really rather work with kids! Can anyone give insight on what their training was like for either of these fields and if you think one would be a better choice/more attainable than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you like outpatient visits with young kids and things like autism, developmental delays, learning disorders.

or do you like teens and things like depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety, more acute/severe pathologies including psychosis, etc

i hope you like ADHD because i think you probably get a lot of that in both.

there is of course overlap between both fields but from a general peds perspective these are my impressions