behavioral sciences for sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ringofkeys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading the AADSAS 2017-2018 course subjects list, and saw that "behavioral science" is listed above "non-science," so I was wondering if that means things like psychology are factored into the science GPA or non-science?

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading the AADSAS 2017-2018 course subjects list, and saw that "behavioral science" is listed above "non-science," so I was wondering if that means things like psychology are factored into the science GPA or non-science?
Hi! When you apply, you'll see that the system calculates a BUNCH of different GPAs. Like a billion. Behavioral Science has its own GPA, not a part of Science. Each of those headings (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, etc) has its own GPA. See the pics below from my app this cycle to see how it looks and what is counted where. Hope this helps :)
upload_2018-2-22_19-3-6.png upload_2018-2-22_19-4-0.png

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! When you apply, you'll see that the system calculates a BUNCH of different GPAs. Like a billion. Behavioral Science has its own GPA, not a part of Science. Each of those headings (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, etc) has its own GPA. See the pics below from my app this cycle to see how it looks and what is counted where. Hope this helps :)
View attachment 229722 View attachment 229723
Thank you! Do you know why schools might want to know something like a behavioral science GPA?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Do you know why schools might want to know something like a behavioral science GPA?
Not really. I think the system does it automatically and just wanted broader categories for GPAs so schools could compare different subjects, rather than just Science vs. Non-Science vs. English, or something, lol. I don't think there are any schools that even require Psych, it's mostly recommended. So, if you did well in Psych, it'll help your overall GPA but not science, but if you did poor, it won't affect your science GPA but it will drop your overall, and those two GPAs are pretty much the main ones schools look at.

Reactions: 1 user