Being a neurologist in California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nonphysiologic

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do I always here that it is so hard to be a physician in southern California? I understand LA is a saturated market, and pay is generally less with higher cost of living. But I also heard someone tell me that physicians in California are contracted workers? What exactly does that mean and is there anything else I'm missing about being a doctor in Cali?

Every time I bring up my aspirations to move to Cali and live a comfortable life I'm met with rolling eyes or people think I'm being naive and I'm not sure exactly why besides the aforementioned reasons.