Being a Podiatrist For the U.S. Olympic Team

Started by mrfeet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrfeet

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently read an article that talked about how the U.S. Olympic team utilizes a team of podiatrists to work with the athletes, especially those in track and field. For someone who is interested greatly in sports medicine, I think that this would be an awesome opportunity as a future podiatrist.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a podiatrist who has worked with Olympic or professional athletes and how they go about landing such an incredible position.

🙂
 
mrfeet said:
I recently read an article that talked about how the U.S. Olympic team utilizes a team of podiatrists to work with the athletes, especially those in track and field. For someone who is interested greatly in sports medicine, I think that this would be an awesome opportunity as a future podiatrist.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a podiatrist who has worked with Olympic or professional athletes and how they go about landing such an incredible position.

🙂

Dr. Lowell Scott Weil is the team podiatrist for the Chicago White Sox. Ilizarov brought him to CPMS so he might be able to comment on this more than I can.