Being Sly about Applying...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, let's assume I get a C in organic II the second time around. What would happen if I put on my AACOMAS app that I intend to retake it a third time, so the C isn't counted in my science GPA? Then let's say I get an acceptance and never retake the course.

Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't the aacomas only substitute your grade only if you did take a class the 2nd time and there is a grade on the transcripts you send into aacomas? because we can all say we are going to retake certain classes in which we did bad....

Originally posted by JKDMed
Just out of curious, let's assume I get a C in organic II the second time around. What would happen if I put on my AACOMAS app that I intend to retake it a third time, so the C isn't counted in my science GPA? Then let's say I get an acceptance and never retake the course.

Discuss.

You should re-take a course in ethics instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about you take a course in reading comprehension instead?

"Just out of curious[ity]"

uhmm...dude...you're the one that originally wrote "just out of curious".....PublicHealth was just quoting what you ORIGINALLY wrote

You just made fun of yourself!

And I agree....take a course in ethics instead

No, publichealth assumes I was pondering actually doing it, when in fact I was just curious if something like that would even work.

I am aware that I used the "curious" instead of "Curiosity".

oh ok....but i doubt an applicant could get away with it because when you send in your final transcripts...im sure they could find the discrepancy

Aacomas would use your last grade in that course regardless of whether you planned to take it again or not, they're not stupid. They won't factor in a grade until it actually exists. This is a rediculous question "to ponder" even.

Come on everyone.....JKDMed didn't want to get flamed.....we all have "what if" questions in our mind about ways of getting around things.....he just decided to ask it...

JKDMed,

If you passed with a C, let it go! Be honest and be yourself.

You will have to send in final transcripts anyway. Best wishes!

Jim
MUSC
Class of 2008

I do not think I will get a C, I have a B+ right now. The thought just crossed my mind when pondering worst-case scenario and I wondered, "Hmm, would that even be possible?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see how people could be confused as to why he would ask this. It's a perfectly valid question. If it was just out of curiosity, then that's that. If he or anyone was planning on trying it, so what? What's with the brain police?

As many people on studentdoctor can attest, there are no shortcuts in medicine.

Instead of pondering these types of questions, your time would be better spent studying NMR spectroscopy, Huckel's rule, and carboxylic acid derivatives. Hell, you may even kick that C/B+ into the A range.

Originally posted by PublicHealth
As many people on studentdoctor can attest, there are no shortcuts in medicine.

Instead of pondering these types of questions, your time would be better spent studying NMR spectroscopy, Huckel's rule, and carboxylic acid derivatives. Hell, you may even kick that C/B+ into the A range.

Wow somebody must be a lotta fun. :sleep:

Just out of curious, let's assume I get a C in organic II the second time around. What would happen if I put on my AACOMAS app that I intend to retake it a third time, so the C isn't counted in my science GPA? Then let's say I get an acceptance and never retake the course.

Discuss.

Damn, I should of thought of this! I could have told AACOMAS that I plan on retaking all the classes that I got a B and a C in. That way I would have had a perfect 4.0 without having to retake any courses!

Right, because I can learn that **** in the two minutes it took to write the post. You were wrong and made yourself look like a fool, get over it.

Just so you know, Robert Ruiz, Vice President for AACOMAS Application Services, is aware of what you are thinking about doing on your application.

Who's the fool now?

Just so you know, Robert Ruiz, Vice President for AACOMAS Application Services, is aware of what you are thinking about doing on your application.

Who's the fool now?
:laugh: Wow. How did he find out? That's big time right there.

Who's the fool now?

I'll be sure not to sign my name as "JKDMed" when I submit my AACOMAS.

I edited this post; my original reply was really harsh. I'm trying to convey a kinder, more gentle JKD. :D

Who's the fool now?

Dude what is your problem? You must really be a miserable person.

Originally posted by (nicedream)
I don't see how people could be confused as to why he would ask this. It's a perfectly valid question. If it was just out of curiosity, then that's that. If he or anyone was planning on trying it, so what? What's with the brain police?

Since you are new here, you might not have realized that here at SDN, We are the brain police, ready to dissect your every word, thought, fear and doubts.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Originally posted by (nicedream)
Dude what is your problem? You must really be a miserable person.

There's a difference between being miserable and being ethical.

An FYI from https://aacomas.aacom.org/

Applicant Protocol of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine

Applicants aspiring to become osteopathic physicians (D.O.) are expected to act professionally in their interactions with the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) and with each college of osteopathic medicine. Responsibility, respect, good judgment and cooperation are qualities valued by the osteopathic medical profession and it is expected that applicants will demonstrate these qualities throughout the application process.

Prospective osteopathic medical students are expected to provide factual, accurate and complete information throughout the admission process. AACOM believes this process requires mutual respect, integrity and honesty among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and with prospective osteopathic medical students.

Discrepancies or Fraudulent Information

AACOMAS will contact you for clarification if a discrepancy is found in your application materials. You will be informed of the steps taken, which may result in an AACOMAS Report being circulated to the colleges to which you are applying or may apply to in the future.

Since it's obvious you cannot comprehend anything, I have copy/pasted and used BOLD lettering to point out the evidence that supports this was only a question derived from curiosity than a devious plot to cheat the AACOMAS system.

"Just out of curiousity"

"No, publichealth assumes I was pondering actually doing it, when in fact I was just curious if something like that would even work."

"I do not think I will get a C, I have a B+ right now. The thought just crossed my mind when pondering worst-case scenario and I wondered, "Hmm, would that even be possible?"

Also, I believe you missed the most obvious evidence:

"Aacomas would use your last grade in that course regardless of whether you planned to take it again...They won't factor in a grade until it actually exists."

By the way, I will point out for you, PublicHealth, a common requirement of all medical schools:

"All candidates for admission to and all candidates for the M.D. degree at the School of Medicine should possess sufficient intellectual capacity, physical ability, emotional stability, interpersonal sensitivity, and communication skills to acquire the scientific knowledge, interpersonal and technical competency, professional attitudes, and clinical abilities required to pursue any pathway of graduate medical education and to enter the independent practice of medicine."

If I was any medical school admissions officer, I would be more concerned about your: (a) lack of "ntellectual capacity"demonstrated by your inability understand obvious evidence and infer an accurate conclusion (b) lack of "emotional stability" in being able to handle criticism or admit being wrong (c) lack of "interpersonal sensitivity", as in fabricating a story about "turning in" someone and (d) lack of "communication skills", your inability in understand written language accurately and (e) lack of "professional attitude", your constant nagging and insistence that you are correct and the rest of us are wrong, than I would be concerned about a controversial question posed by someone on an internet website.

There's a difference between being miserable and being ethical.

The point is it's none of your damn business. Why do you care what other people are doing? And supposedly "tattling" on someone? That's just ******ed.

If I was any medical school admissions officer, I would be more concerned about your: (a) lack of "ntellectual capacity"demonstrated by your inability understand obvious evidence and infer an accurate conclusion (b) lack of "emotional stability" in being able to handle criticism or admit being wrong (c) lack of "interpersonal sensitivity", as in fabricating a story about "turning in" someone and (d) lack of "communication skills", your inability in understand written language accurately and (e) lack of "professional attitude", your constant nagging and insistence that you are correct and the rest of us are wrong, than I would be concerned about a controversial question posed by someone on an internet website.

Easy now, killer. I have been accepted to nine medical schools -- MD and DO. To the best of my knowledge, items A through E above have not been raised as potential "concerns" by any of the admissions officers at any of the schools to which I have applied.

By the way, the next time you try to sound "ntellectual," try to spell the word "intellectual" correctly, use prepositions in your sentences, put spaces between your words, and put commas before your quotes. This goes for your "Stupid AACOMAS essay" as well.

Well you inferred incorrectly again, though that comes as no surprise. The "errors" you accuse me of are due to backspacking to correct an error and failing to correct the resulting complications from the action.

Nice try though. :thumbup: Although, if my normal writing style seems to "sound intellectual" to you, then I suppose I should consider that as a compliment.

It's obvious you will never admit to arriving at an incorrect conclusion and failing to grasp the true motive behind posting the question, so I'm really wasting my time.

Look on the bright side. As soon as you screw up in clinicals because you inferred something incorrectly despite the obvious evidence, betrayed a colleague at the chagrin of the attendings, or fail to correctly comprehend the intricacies of someone's medical record, you could always get a job with the grammar police.

Who's the fool now?

Boy, you got some issues. I can already tell you will be a gunner....and one that is shot down during MSIII, MSIV because you are far from a team player. A "hypothetical" was asked....and you go and tattle on this individual? I cant wait to see how you deal with real issues when they arise. You seriously need to grow up and get out of the second grade...the "Im telling the teacher" attitude. Dont forget that many of these individuals you are competing with for acceptances into school, will be colleagues and potentially referring patients to you....
F***ing DORK!!!!
stomper

Status
Not open for further replies.