Ben-Gurion u with Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all

I just got a thing in the mail from Ben-Gurion U in Negev (israel) in collaboration with Columbia U in New York. It says its a 4 yr program in beersheva, israel.

does anyone have any opinions are ideas about it. I've never heard about this school in my life, however, it's in collaboration with Columbia which makes it tempting..

it says average gpa 3.6; avg mcat 27;

thanks in advance for replies.

peace

Members don't see this ad.

nobody replied! i hope your question has been answered by now.

are you a big fan of DKNY?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by dknykid1980:
•hey all

I just got a thing in the mail from Ben-Gurion U in Negev (israel) in collaboration with Columbia U in New York. It says its a 4 yr program in beersheva, israel.

does anyone have any opinions are ideas about it. I've never heard about this school in my life, however, it's in collaboration with Columbia which makes it tempting..

it says average gpa 3.6; avg mcat 27;

thanks in advance for replies.

peace•••••

If I were you I'd avoid going to Isreal for security reaons. These suicide bombers blow themselves up everywhere. I hate to give in to terror but then if there is safer alternative why not?? The Carribean and Manipal in India (which has an agreement with Loma Linda and is very good.) Also Manipal is jut a short drive from Kerala :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey there HALO-

i know sometimes i wish i had gone to manipal. My parents had told me to go there after my senior year in high school...of course i didnt listen! i got in and everything, but i backed out! =(

oh well....my undergrad years were certainly an experience

later

Too bad you can't do searches yet cuz Ben gurion has been discussed before. Generally, the Israeli schools are known for being very very good, but as another poster said, I would also avoid going there at the moment because of security reasons. One word of caution, though: Just because a school is affiliated with a US school, no matter its prominence, this does not mean that you will avoid hardships getting back in the US, especially if you go to a non-commonwealth country. I've had friends do very well in American University (I think in Lebanon), and I forget which US university it is affiliated with, but they had to go through quite a whole lot of trouble getting licensure. Just do your research beforehand!

Kid, if you have already gone to college Manipal would be a waste of time, 6 years not a joke. But they also have a twinning program with 2 years at Manipal and the last two in the Carribean/US. Just check to be sure, they might also have a 4 year program for college seniors. If not Ross/SGU sounds good

you may want to check out the school website at
<a href="http://cait.cpmc.columbia.edu:88/dept/bgcu-md/" target="_blank">http://cait.cpmc.columbia.edu:88/dept/bgcu-md/</a>

•••quote:•••haahaha, people are posting...and why? cause of me!

that's what happens when a grand member posts. ahahahh
••••yeah that's right we are all under the mysterious control of oldman the grand member. :wink: