Bench exam ! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Yasi,

I am not sure which one is better because I will take a review for the first time, but my decision was based on the fact that Duggans course will be longer than UCLA. I know it is not the best way to choose, but I believe that having more time with the instructors will help me more.
I made my decision yesterday. ;) Hope it is the right one.

did ucla mention anything yet regarding the revisions provided..i sent them an email, but no reply..

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from LA planning to take Bench exams? Anyone planning to join Duggan's at Costa Mesa?Please email me.

I was just wondering if there are ppl in the bay area gearing up for the RT exam.

here is an FYI for all those who are interested in taking a prep course at uop... this is funny guys but I just called them and they did not know that the RT Exam had been reinstated!!

plus i tried calling the Dental board and guess what... the system exits itself and you cannot even leave a message with them, let alone talk to a representative... how bizzarre is that?!! :smuggrin:

how do I find out if they have kept my information fromt he last time I sent in my application???

stefanels,
try extension 2339 or just press0 after the initial recorded message plays,you'll get the operator.And of course,call between the working hours of 8 a.m to 12 and 1p.m to 5.Good luck.

hi,
the DBC site says that we need to send them our NDB scores.does this mean we can send them photocopies or do they want originals?? also WHEN do we start sending them out, is anytime before 12th july ok??
anyone with any info, please help.
thanx in advance.

They want a notarised photocopy of you score before the deadline specified. This is what I was told.Hope it helps.

Hi,
You won't be needing a notarization of the score card photocopies.Just send them the Xerox copies of your mark sheets before July.That will do.

yasi said:
after long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...

I had taken the bench exam course @ duggan's.It was very helpful.There are condensed courses @ duggan's too,if u think its hard to go back and forth.

good luck,
payal
If interested in buying materials for part 3 & 4,contact me by email at
[email protected]

hi
i haven't sent any application for bench test before and there isn't any information about this on cdb website
i want to know is there anyone who had this or know how to gain this
or at least tell me about its requirements (i mean transcript ,any special person to sign or something like that)
thank you

you can check it out at www.dbc.ca.gov. & call them up for new applicant form for part-3. you need to sign it by your college dean from your country.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the Board today and talked with someone on extension #2326 She told me that WE MUST SEND the original report. She asked me to make a copie for myself and send the original report to them.
So I took a copie of my report and also will ask for a new (original)report from ADA ( $10 cost)just in case.

hmm ok, coz the set of rules in the business n profession code reads that they want us to send them a copy of our score card.Man, these people are really out to confuse us!! :mad: I just wish they(DBC) would be a little more consistent with what they want and put it up on their site in detailed words:(

Hi all,

I called for the second time and talked with another person and he said the same thing " Send the original report".
Have anybody else tried to contact them?

hi chuchuca
didn't you ask ehe ADA to send your score part 2 to California dental board when you applied for exam in Dec
just because i did that and i think it's ok with cdb (i just called them and told my situation)

hi asha;'
i live inn northwest of LA in the sanfernando valley and going to take the bench

Hi Kosha,
Where did you buy all the instruments and how much did it cost you? Do you know anyone who is planning to sell their instruments? Do you have any idea when the exams will be? And how was Duggan's coaching classes?

Hi Henna,
I just checked the DBC website..No news on the exam schedule...
Are you giving your bench exams this time? Where did you buy ur instruments from?

No, I am not taking the bench exam. I was just curious.
If you guys want a temporary sticky to discuss the bench exam I'll be glad to merge all the bench exam threads and place it as a sticky.

hi asha ;
i bought my instrumnets from a friend .....but duggan aslo sells them theyr at a resonable price.. the class are really good ....and ya if u want to buy second hand instrument .....then i am going to class on wed i shall get numbers for u .....

hi henna

the frist exam is likely to be held in nov 2004 . they r planning to have only opne exam this year

Hi Kosha,
Thank you so much..Kindly get me the numbers if you can, for buying the second hand instruments.It will be of great help to me..Thanks once again.

hey guys,,

I should send my original scores of NBDE to the following address

Dental Board of California
1432 Howe Ave., Ste. 85-B
Sacramento, CA 95825
(916) 263-2300

before July 12, just my scores in an empty envelope, right? correct me please, and thanks in advance,

Hi,
Send them the copy of your Step 1 and 2 mark sheets in an empty envelope.The address you mentioned is the right one..Good luck!!

Hi Theone,

the address is right, but call them first and ask about to send a COPY, because I was informed that I was supposed to send the ORIGINAL.
Let us know what they say.

Anyone who had their application returned last year ? Are we supposed to mail our scores too considering they were returned to us although DBC has them on file?

must we submit US mailing address just now or later with our application form?
because right now i am in canada

Hi ,
I called the DBC today to ask them to send me an application for RT exam and told them that I had already sent my score card copy..But they told me that I have to send the originals only...So,Chuchuca is right....Send your originals to DBC.They will send it back to you with the application form.

hi yassi,
can u plz tell me abt new extention of bench test.its somthing weird on the dental board of california's site, it says u need to pass part 2 before dec 2003 to appear for bench test. is it for 2004 bench test or is this eligibility for bench test till 2008?
and can u plz mail me duddan's courses contact number too? i 'll really appretiate it?waiting for ur reply.
harjind.
yasi said:
After long waiting bench extension has been approved

shelly78 said:
Anyone who had their application returned last year ? Are we supposed to mail our scores too considering they were returned to us although DBC has them on file?

i called them a few weeks ago bec. I also had my application returned last year and they said I don't need to submit my scores it's in the system. best to call them if you like and so I also have a double confirmation.

yes in my returned application but I placed a U.S. address for the mailing address

mommyr said:
i called them a few weeks ago bec. I also had my application returned last year and they said I don't need to submit my scores it's in the system. best to call them if you like and so I also have a double confirmation.
I called them and wrote to them and the reply was that i need to send the original score report preferably by certified mail, after making a copy for myself.This may be attached with the old application(which was returned) when we do submit the application. No need to fill out a new application.

Hi people,

I have good and bad news about the bench.
I went to Duggan's class today and we were informed that DBC will not change the procedure until the next examination which will be NOVEMBER 19, 2004 at USC :) , but the changes will happen eventually. They will change the wax pattern to a composite restoration on ivorine tooth.
Also, he said that by August, probably middle of the month, we will be inform on which year we will be able to sit for the bench exam. The selection will be at random :scared: , so good luck to all of us :p
The DBC will update the website anytime this week, so let's keep looking

Chuchuca said:
Also, he said that by August, probably middle of the month, we will be inform on which year we will be able to sit for the bench exam.
Which year ????!!!!!! :wow: :wow:
They are being very unreasonable. I guess this means that irrespective of which year you are allowed to take the exam, yr 2008 will be the last and so the number of attempts a candidate is allowed can't be evenly distributed.
Good Luck to everyone, hope you all get selected for this year. :thumbup:

You are right Henna, lets pray...But as you signature say "I don't believe in miracle. I rely on them" :D

Does anyone know if the California board has started accepting applications for the Bench exam from applicants who have never applied to them. I have already sent in the original NDBE score report to them but am yet to hear from them. Please provide any info as to what next I am supposed to do.

could anyone pls tell me what is d cost of joinin Duggans classes?

Hi ..

ive noticed that a lot of people have been sending their applications in for the bench exam .. i havent seen any dates posted on the dbc website .. am i missing out on information ?? have the application deadlines been posted somewhere yet ??

or are people just talking about first-time applicants just sending proof of their qualification in ?

i am a re-taking the examination and it would really help if someone can help me out with the application ( and re-application) deadline dates ..

thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.