Benefit of IPE certification for Residency Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Medguy1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

My school offers an Interprofessional Education (IPE) certification course that can be completed outside of class. It works with the local nursing school and pharmacy school to work through cases as part of the team. There's a series of assessments and clinical scenarios and simulations and at the end, you get a certificate that goes on your MSPE. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Was it worth it? What did you learn? Did it make a difference when applying for residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all,

My school offers an Interprofessional Education (IPE) certification course that can be completed outside of class. It works with the local nursing school and pharmacy school to work through cases as part of the team. There's a series of assessments and clinical scenarios and simulations and at the end, you get a certificate that goes on your MSPE. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Was it worth it? What did you learn? Did it make a difference when applying for residency programs?

People in all medical schools are required to do IPE. I'm doing it right now with pharmacy students. So, I don't think this is gonna make any difference in your resume for residency unless maybe you get your paper published somehow.