[email protected]

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2004
Status
First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum as I have received an invaluable amount of information through this community, so... THANK YOU!

Now my questions are:

1) Are there any applicants out there who have been accepted to UC Berkeley but chose to study at another institution?

2) What were the reasons for attending university X rather than Berkeley?

Thanks again!

:)

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
In a dark room
Visit site
Status
Optometrist
Sorry, I have nothing substanitive to say, just that I love Yakult. :love:

About the Ads

HYCW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
Seriously though, this is a great question. Could it really be that those who get accepted to Berkeley almost always end up entering? If so, that's really interesting. Then again, I expect we'll get more replies from students choosing schools this year once the interview/acceptances are out after the 20th.

beaneek

IU 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
Status
Optometrist
First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum as I have received an invaluable amount of information through this community, so... THANK YOU!

Now my questions are:

1) Are there any applicants out there who have been accepted to UC Berkeley but chose to study at another institution?

Thanks again!

Hi,
I got into IU...and a few weeks later got an offer to interview at Berkeley. I turned this down simply because with IU, I have no more pre-reqs to take, whereas with Berkeley, I would still have to take calc 2, anatomy lab, physiology, and a writing class! I decided it was more important to me to have a semester off before optometry school and go to IU, which is a great school, than go to Berkeley. I wish Berkeley would notify students about the interview opportunity sooner rather than in January, when a lot of students have already put down a deposit for another school (and in my case, have dropped calc 2, which NO OTHER school requires!!)

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status
Optometrist
I have a friend at UHCO who turned down Berkeley. She grew up in NoCal and wanted to do something different. So, she moved to Houston ....

kkbissess

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status

Now my questions are:

Thanks again!

Yes I am one of them. First you have to understand yourself and what you really want. If you want to be a good clinician, IU is the place to go. If you
want to be a good researcher then Berkeley is the best, not that IU is not involved in research. After a lot of searching, I have realized that every school is good for something. It is up to you to know what that particular
school is good for and whether it matches your interests.
Thanks
Andrea

About the Ads