Berkley review gen chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO i received my BR Gen Chem review books yesterday. I just finished reading the Stoichiometry chapter (Chapter 1).

I think they assume that you already know gchem terms like molarity because they just dive into that stuff with problems. I guess you need some gchem background before you read the book.

The other books like EK and TPR, they assume you know nothing and start from scratch.

What i like about the book is that they show you how to estimate answers and they give lots of practice passages just like TPR!!

I cant wait till i get to the Buffers and Titrations section because I have yet to find a book that really helps me on those topics!!!

Members don't see this ad.

SO i received my BR Gen Chem review books yesterday. I just finished reading the Stoichiometry chapter (Chapter 1).

I think they assume that you already know gchem terms like molarity because they just dive into that stuff with problems. I guess you need some gchem background before you read the book.

The other books like EK and TPR, they assume you know nothing and start from scratch.

What i like about the book is that they show you how to estimate answers and they give lots of practice passages just like TPR!!

I cant wait till i get to the Buffers and Titrations section because I have yet to find a book that really helps me on those topics!!!

yeah, i remember they have a great chapter on that buffer/titrations. BR is tough but excellent practice. Read their explanations too because they teach as much as the chapter you read... :luck:

yeah, i remember they have a great chapter on that buffer/titrations. BR is tough but excellent practice. Read their explanations too because they teach as much as the chapter you read... :luck:

What is the difficulty level of TBR PS passages to the real deal?

The only BR I have is gen chem and now I wish I would have gotten BR for all my review books. It does expect you to have a bit of background knowledge on what you're studying, but I think it's very thorough and I've liked it thus far. It is challenging, though.

The examples stuck into the chapter I only solve in my head and only spend maybe ten seconds on them; I read the solutions to them to try and nail the concepts. I don't really try and think problems through until the end of the chapter with the passages.

I'm averaging about a 12 on the end of chapter passages.

If you do all of the passages at the end of the chapters and read the explanations for most, then you will cover everything. I think molarity is covered in acids and bases and some stoichiometry passages. If you do all of the book, then you'll see many things twice.

Chapters 4, 5, and 10 are amazingly well written. If you practice their tricks, you will destroy any acid-base or titration questions you get.

I'm averaging about a 12 on the end of chapter passages.

That is excellent! From the scores thread, it seems like people get about a point higher in PS on the real deal than their BR Gen Chem sectionals. Keep up the great work.