The Berkley Review - updated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elloL

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently ordering supplies to start studying for the MCAT, and I have seen many favorable reviews for TBR content books. I went on their website to order, but some of their stuff is from 2018 and some from 2019. I looked for the newest versions, but could not find them. Are these the most updated one? Are they even a reliable content review method? Honestly, if not for the countless reviews I have seen, they would not have been my first choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, those are the newest versions. TBR does not do new editions each year like Kaplan, TPR, or NS. Having used TBR and Kaplan, TBR is far superior. When they update their texts they make significant changes as opposed to Kaplan which does minor changes to continue to be able to charge a premium. TBR was a great resource for me as I prepped for the mcat and it is one I recommend to my students that want a more in-depth review with passage style practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, those are the newest versions. TBR does not do new editions each year like Kaplan, TPR, or NS. Having used TBR and Kaplan, TBR is far superior. When they update their texts they make significant changes as opposed to Kaplan which does minor changes to continue to be able to charge a premium. TBR was a great resource for me as I prepped for the mcat and it is one I recommend to my students that want a more in-depth review with passage style practice.
How did you utilize it? Did you just read through it and do the passages?

How did you utilize it? Did you just read through it and do the passages?
I used a 4 month study schedule with the first two months being used to thoroughly go through TBR with a modified version of their 90 schedule. I went through passages with active note taking, made flash cards, and then followed the end of chapter phase exam schedule religiously (phase 1 immediately, phase 2 within 2-3 days, and phase 3 two to three weeks later). During the second month I started doing FL exams on weekends. Month three was mostly UWorld and month four was all AAMC.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I used a 4 month study schedule with the first two months being used to thoroughly go through TBR with a modified version of their 90 schedule. I went through passages with active note taking, made flash cards, and then followed the end of chapter phase exam schedule religiously (phase 1 immediately, phase 2 within 2-3 days, and phase 3 two to three weeks later). During the second month I started doing FL exams on weekends. Month three was mostly UWorld and month four was all AAMC.
How well was your content knowledge before studying for the exam?