Best Anatomy Atlas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJ34

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The ISAC course at COMP gives us a choice of 3 anatomy atlases to pick from. I was wondering which one other DO students prefer and why. Here are our choices:

Atlas of Human Anatomy, Frank Netter, M.D., 1990, 2nd Edition.

Grant's Atlas of Anatomy, Anne Agur, 1991, 9th Edition, Williams & Wilkins.

A.D.A.M. Student Atlas of Anatomy, Todd Olson, PhD, 1996, Williams & Wilkins.

If anyone has any recommendations of which text is best and why, I'd appreciate your comments. Also, any advice on ISAC or gross anatomy in general would also help.

Thanks!

JJ

Members don't see this ad.

I think that Netter is the best anatomy atlas. The pictures are really clear and it's an easy atlas to learn from. It seems to be the atlast of choice for most anatomy students.

My vote is definitely for Netter. And although it's not on your list, Rohen is also a good atlas to use because it has photographs of the cadavers that are useful for studying when you aren't able to get into the anatomy lab.

Ahh, thank God anatomy is over... :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go for <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0914168819/dissectionroo-20" target="_blank">Netter</a>.

Chris

JJ,
I am a 2nd year at COMP, and EVERYBODY uses Netter....as far as A.D.A.M...there will be CD copies floating around..so I am sure you can get yuor hands on it.

Go Netter, and when you get to school, ask around for ADAM....

I will also start ISAC next week. Since we are on this topic, I want to ask you guys about the dissector book. Do we need Grant's dissector? Do we dissect on the first day of ISAC?

They will have Grant's dissectors there....DON'T buy it. I believe you will start dissecting....upper back...unless they have changed the format...

Good Luck

any differences between the 1st edition and 2nd?? i bought the first at a bargain price and am hoping i didn't buy the wrong one!! :)

I know people in my class that had the 1st edition, and they did just fine...some of th pages may not ocrrelate exactly....but you will be fine....plus...there is Netter on-line that yoyu can use if there are any problems...

You will be fine...