Best and worst things about being a predent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Near

Kung Fu Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And...go!

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Best thing= Knowing we'll be dentists one day:laugh:

Worst thing= People assuming you're predent just because you couldn't cut it being premed. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: Seriously not everyone wants to be a medical doctor... Hard for ignorant people to understand this for some reason... :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst thing: Not knowing if your job is going to be well paid or not after cluelessObamaCare.

Worst thing: Not knowing if your job is going to be well paid or not after cluelessObamaCare.

I think we are going to be okay.

Best Thing: I'm still trying to think of something....

Worst thing: Obsessively checking email/SDN OR having to always tell family and friends that "NO, I haven't heard anything from schools yet!"

* when i speak, i compare with premeds bc that is what i was once upon a time.

worst thing: other than shadowing a dentist, you are completely clueless - unlike premeds, we dont have a chance to DO too much in the field. i wish my school had a pre-dental course or something...

best thing: more of a focus. if you choose predent, there is a reason why. when i was premed, it was because....indians could either be docs or engineers:laugh:... and i was following my sisters footsteps until i realized what i liked/didnt like.

I don't think Obama is going to touch dentistry, since it doesn't have the problems mainstream health-care has.

Worst thing= People assuming you're predent just because you couldn't cut it being premed. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: Seriously not everyone wants to be a medical doctor... Hard for ignorant people to understand this for some reason... :sleep:

Gah, I know!

"You could become a real doctor though"-Someone who I told my predent status to.