Best Answer to: What area of medicine to you plan to pursue at this stage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TauPathology said:
Dr. P is right. Statistics cannot prove your point, and its probably not a point you should actively pursue. Being an immoral person is not a crime, and thus many immoral people are not sent to jail. Many of the people in jail are more moral than you think, and resort to crime out of desperation. Your crime statistic is misplaced and tactless.

Why are you so wound up? When I posted this it was not out of seriously trying to prove which gender was less or more amoral...but since you challenged, I'll play....First who are you to tell me what points I should actively pursue or not, opinions like that are not appreciated because they tend to take away or restrict the freedoms of others. Statistics are used to objectively and quanitatively represent a population as whole through random sampling therefore without talking to all ~3 billion people you can get a reasonably accurate representation of what they are like. Agreed morality is a qualitative variable but the presence of it can be quantified in the acts of those who posses it...Second I never said that being immoral was a crime but I'm sure there is a positive correlation between immorality and the penchant to commit a crime (note sociopaths, psycopaths, homicidal maniacs, drug dealers who sell to children because hey a buck is a buck, pimps, prostitutes, child abusers, rapists....the list goes on). Third since you seem to be an advocate of the theory that those who resort to committing crimes are mainly doing so out of desperation, in case you are ever a victim of one these desperate acts I hope you remember your stance.

Members don't see this ad.

mshollywood,

You are clearly a very passionate person, but there is a time and a place to start arguing about gender issues. This thread is about specialties. Do any of your last few posts in any way further that discussion? Instead, you've made several incendiary posts, insinuated that another poster is stalking you, and taken several other posters waaaay too seriously. Not everyone on this board is out to get you - you can lighten up a little and still get your points across appropriately.

kaioukenx said:
mshollywood,

You are clearly a very passionate person, but there is a time and a place to start arguing about gender issues. This thread is about specialties. Do any of your last few posts in any way further that discussion? Instead, you've made several incendiary posts, insinuated that another poster is stalking you, and taken several other posters waaaay too seriously. Not everyone on this board is out to get you - you can lighten up a little and still get your points across appropriately.

Well said.

Members don't see this ad :)
kaioukenx said:
mshollywood,

Okay go back and read the post where I cited another poster stalking me there was a smiley face following the statement... :) smiley face means not being serious... also if you look at the first statistics post there is a smiley face... :) smiley face means not being serious....and if you start from the beginning of the post and work your down you will see I did not incite the change in post discussion but I have the right to discuss breakdancing in church shoes if I desire to do so....Where are you coming from with this not everyone is out to get you....that is so left field its ridiculous and why am I trying to explain myself to you anyway....no smiley face it means I am being serious

PS. kaioukenx where is your post to add to the thread about specialties?, Don't admonish me about something and turn around and do it yourself that's truly incendiary and hypocritical

megboo said:
Go back to playing your "foosball"!

momma says, "megboo is the devil"

sandler_waterboy.jpg