Best apartments to live in for UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chizzle Frizzle

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

So I got accepted to UGA pharmacy school for this fall (2018) and I'm looking for places to live. I was looking at off-campus housing that's close to campus, and I have a tight-ish budget, with $600 being the highest I'd go. If anyone has any recommendations from people who currently attend/previously attended UGA, I would really really appreciate it. Thank you for reading!

P.S. Am I late to the party? When do people usually start looking for apartments for the fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN!

So I got accepted to UGA pharmacy school for this fall (2018) and I'm looking for places to live. I was looking at off-campus housing that's close to campus, and I have a tight-ish budget, with $600 being the highest I'd go. If anyone has any recommendations from people who currently attend/previously attended UGA, I would really really appreciate it. Thank you for reading!

P.S. Am I late to the party? When do people usually start looking for apartments for the fall?

East campus is fairly cheap and an easy drive to the pharmacy school. Riverbend and that area is excellent, Polo club area is good. A lot of housing off Barnett shoals as well.

Get a roommate and you will pay 400-500 a person. Less if you have 2-3 roommates.

I would not recommend going to pharmacy school at this time :) but to each their own

East campus is fairly cheap and an easy drive to the pharmacy school. Riverbend and that area is excellent, Polo club area is good. A lot of housing off Barnett shoals as well.

Get a roommate and you will pay 400-500 a person. Less if you have 2-3 roommates.

I would not recommend going to pharmacy school at this time :) but to each their own

Why shouldn't I? I've heard it a lot, but I'm curious as to your reason for why not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why shouldn't I? I've heard it a lot, but I'm curious as to your reason for why not?

As someone in the field since starting way back in 2005 as a tech I will inform you that pharmacy is a dying profession. It is the opposite of robust.
While there still is opportunity, in my opinion it is not worth the sacrifice that pharmacy school entails (time/tuition).