Best books ABOUT medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZorkDork1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Does anyone have any particular suggestions for books that go into doing well in medical school? Something with general advice, a suggested timeline, how to interact in a hospital setting, preparing for residency, any of the above. I'm hoping for something written/updated relatively recently so it's as relevant as possible.

I'm not looking for text books or flashcard info or anything like that.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Although I think its like 30 years old or something like that but probably still relevant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I think its like 30 years old or something like that but probably still relevant.

haha, read it already! It's interesting... and a bit discouraging. It does have an important message about perspective, resilience, and compassion.
Also, idk if that was a sarcastic response or not haha

haha, read it already! It's interesting... and a bit discouraging. It does have an important message about perspective, resilience, and compassion.
Wait which part the 30 years old one or the still relevant part? Haha. And I agree, a bit discouraging but still a good read.

I hated that book. I didn't make it past the first few chapters.

There is a line between cynicism and being a straight up d*ck and the character in the book is a d-bag (at least in parts I read). Just like Holden Caufield in The Catcher in the Rye- insufferable. You can be a cynic and still be a good person and not be so whiny.

I might give it a try again and see if it gets better in the later parts

Reactions: 1 user