Best books for USMLE step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pj367

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i see several threads dealing with various step 2 issues but nothing concentrated dealing with reference materials.

Which books did you find helpful when preparing for Step 2? which ones did you think were not as helpful?

Thanks for any input you have.

Members don't see this ad.

Crush Step 2 and Step 2 secrets are always listed as good books.

FA for Step 2 doesnt come up as much but I prefer it to Crush (I dont like paragraphs).

I used Boards and Wards and Step 2 Secrets (which is the same as Crush-don't get them both). I had FA as well, but didn't use it that much. I did Q-bank for questions, got a 250.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Boards and Wards and Step 2 Secrets (which is the same as Crush-don't get them both). I had FA as well, but didn't use it that much. I did Q-bank for questions, got a 250.

I am using FA and USMLEWORLD. Should I use Boards and Wards or repeat to read FA? I finished USMLEWOLRD once. Now I am reviewing my incorrect questions of it. Should I use Kaplan Q-bank, too?

Thanks.

I am using FA and USMLEWORLD. Should I use Boards and Wards or repeat to read FA? I finished USMLEWOLRD once. Now I am reviewing my incorrect questions of it. Should I use Kaplan Q-bank, too?

Thanks.

If you are crunched for time, you can just do one month of Q-bank.

If you are crunched for time, you can just do one month of Q-bank.

really? without any need for UW? did that work well for you? i haven't heard that from other people, so i would be interested to hear about your experience.

I used:

Crush for Step 2CK along with USMLEWorld questions

First Aid for Step 2CS......

Best of luck to you.....
:luck:

What do you guys think about "step-up to medicine" the latest edition thats released this month????

I started with Crush but found it way to wordy for what I was getting. Switched to Boards and Wards, which was great. End result was >265.

I am reading Blueprints OB-GYN and after this rotation, in August, I am taking Step 2 CK. I really like this for OB-GYN. Should I read Blueprints in Medicine before taking my test. Or should I stick with FA, USMLE world questions and Secrets?