Technology Best Clinical Software for Notebook/Laptop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shengdu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking to find some good free software to keep patient records on my laptop and also if there's any program that can give me differential diagnoses for my cases. I heard of NxOpinion but I think it's good for para-medics etc. and I couldn't install it because I guess you need a hundred other things installed for it to work. Anything out there that's cheap or free? Some packages I saw cost over $1000 :-(

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a medical student, I don't recommend keeping patient records on your laptop due to confidentiality issues.

As for differential diagnosis software, you should be learning how to figure that out for yourself, not using a computer as a crutch. The differential diagnosis software that's out there pretty much sucks, anyway. At your stage of the game, it will only lead you astray.

Right, and make sure to be very careful with paper too. There have been stories of crumpled paper notes thrown into garbage cans that later reveal some very confidential patient info. Always use a shredder!