Best Cost-Effective DAT prep resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tickytocky5403

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm taking the DAT in 4 months. I would like to get some advice on the best cost-effective DAT prep resources on different subjects.
Should I take a Kaplan or Princeton Review online course?
Do you know any free DAT resources?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I'm taking the DAT in 4 months. I would like to get some advice on the best cost-effective DAT prep resources on different subjects.
Should I take a Kaplan or Princeton Review online course?
Do you know any free DAT resources?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...tudy-plans-any-advice-would-be-great.1177638/

Someone already had asked a very similar question in the link above and one of the posters posted a comprehensive list of all the cost-effective DAT materials. I agree that these are the core materials you should use!

Reactions: 1 user
Kaplan is the complete opposite of 'cost effective' DAT prep. Its bloated, expensive and dated. I took Kaplan live-online and found it to be helpful, but far from the best prep tool, nor the most cost-effective

Ferralis notes for bio (free), Ty Jacobs notes for bio/chem (free) chads videos for gen chem/orgo ($50), DAT bootcamp and DAT genius for all sections ($200 combined), DAT Destroyer ($150), and the ADA 2007 and 2009 practice tests. All in, that's around $400 - not cheap, but not nearly as much as a Kaplan course, and will serve you much better. G'luck

Reactions: 1 users
Don't use Kaplan if money is an issue. I agree with centron here. Topscore isn't too expensive and is supposed to be pretty realistic as well. The Kaplan MCAT Bio book is actually pretty good for anatomy so consider that. It's about $30 so not going to break the bank. Feralis Notes are reaaally good so focus on those too. Get Destroyer for more problems also.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would pay the $30 to take a practice ADA test now, get a feel for the DAT atmosphere (stress and timing). If you are getting a majority of the questions right 70ish% (give or take) then you are probably good to study on your own without Kaplan and save a few hundred. Chads videos are the best for gen chem orgo and good for learning "quick" math. Get DAT Bootcamp(has Feralis's bio notes) for the practice tests especially and the PAT stuff, DAT and Math Destroyer are a must, painful to first go through but they make sure you know your stuff inside out, wouldn't suggest doing those problems until you go over Chads vids, also don't rush the destroyer problems they are meant to be difficult so you can learn, not fly through them. GOOD LUCK!

I probably shouldn't say this but the 2009 ADA DAT practice exam is floating around for free and if you can't find it just lmk and I can send it >:p.

I'm very conservative with what I spend on, but DAT prep is an investment. The worst ROI is if the materials you used don't lead to a high enough score to get in. You gotta spend money to make money