Best Do School??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Awesome job on getting ophtho, by the way.

Thanks a lot..... Another person in my class actually matched ophthalmology in the military and we had a couple in allopathic general surgery spots, so I think Nova does pretty well...

Thanks a lot..... Another person in my class actually matched ophthalmology in the military and we had a couple in allopathic general surgery spots, so I think Nova does pretty well...

Anyone match into JHM from nova yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Max-D, how's your semester?
Me and a few Temple kids are coming over on the 12th for the open house.
Gonna be around?

Whats the BEST DO school in the states???
Whats the best DO school in CA?

Any list of rankings anywhere?
Western U has been around for a while, but it is not an organized school and it seems like it just opened last year. If you were wanting to stay in California, then go to it if you have gotta be in Southern Cal, but otherwise, go to a school that is well established. Western has kind of been a nightmare, honestly.

two current fellows at children's hospital of philadelphia (#1) are UMDNJ alums :D

Western U has been around for a while, but it is not an organized school and it seems like it just opened last year. If you were wanting to stay in California, then go to it if you have gotta be in Southern Cal, but otherwise, go to a school that is well established. Western has kind of been a nightmare, honestly.

Everyone has different things that they value/evaluate when choosing a school. It sounds like you didn't see some of the things you were looking for in Western. However, it is a very established school in Southern California and have no problem placing people into residencies. Sorry you had a bad experience there, hopefully you can find a school that better matches you!! Good luck.

Seriously though guys were all Americans where is the love? Even in jersey we argue about how people from south jersey suck compared to north or vice versa. Let us focus on the things we have in common.

Wow that was cheesy, sorry for that.

seriously!! lol