• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
About the Ads

Newquagmire

15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2002
Originally posted by coldchemist
I just want to know what search terms you were using when you found that article!
search? that's the first publication i included on my LOI

Spacekat

fictitious
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Visit site
Status
Jeez, I'm pretty sure I would realize that had happened before someone found the darn thing with a scope.

Hmmm, first it had a hat, then it didn't (hard to miss when you're looking so closely), and I remember a funny pause in my breathing . . . . .

Then again after some of the stories my EM friends have told be I'll believe anything.

Darn close to a Darwin Award winner

Thanks for the laugh!

mentoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2004
Status
and the lesson learned here today is ....

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
That's good, but I'm not sure it tops the grandaddy of 'em all:

Verkuyl DA. Oral conception. Impregnation via the proximal gastrointestinal tract in a patient with an aplastic distal vagina. Case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 95(9):933-4.

A tale of love, betrayal and revenge. I have lost my copy of the article, but it's worth a trip to your friendly neighborhood medical library.

Newquagmire

15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2002
Newquagmire said:
search? that's the first publication i included on my LOI
awww, i just found out my journal submission got a rejection letter too :thumbdown:

i guess it doesn't matter as much since the application cycle is basically over :rolleyes:

ImmunoANT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Status
Havarti666 said:
That's good, but I'm not sure it tops the grandaddy of 'em all:

Verkuyl DA. Oral conception. Impregnation via the proximal gastrointestinal tract in a patient with an aplastic distal vagina. Case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 95(9):933-4.

A tale of love, betrayal and revenge. I have lost my copy of the article, but it's worth a trip to your friendly neighborhood medical library.
Now I'm curious. I tried searching for this article on PubMed, found it but it didn't include links (probably because too long ago), not even an abstract... and NIH Library is far from my lab. Could anyone find and post it here? A tale of love, betrayal and revenge.... mmmmm.... :rolleyes:

ImmunoANT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Status
Newquagmire said:
hey immunoant, i think it's "bruins," plural. ... .
Oh.... *shrug* (whatever ...) and I am wearing my favorite UCLA T-shirt today ... ... thanks for ruining my cheerful day, you *insert what I called you last time*!!! :smuggrin:

About the Ads