best journal article ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newquagmire

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Truth is better than fiction!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to know what search terms you were using when you found that article!

Originally posted by coldchemist
I just want to know what search terms you were using when you found that article!

search? that's the first publication i included on my LOI

Jeez, I'm pretty sure I would realize that had happened before someone found the darn thing with a scope.

Hmmm, first it had a hat, then it didn't (hard to miss when you're looking so closely), and I remember a funny pause in my breathing . . . . .

Then again after some of the stories my EM friends have told be I'll believe anything.

Darn close to a Darwin Award winner

Thanks for the laugh!

and the lesson learned here today is ....

Wow :eek:.....I could use one more citation for my project :D

That's good, but I'm not sure it tops the grandaddy of 'em all:

Verkuyl DA. Oral conception. Impregnation via the proximal gastrointestinal tract in a patient with an aplastic distal vagina. Case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 95(9):933-4.

A tale of love, betrayal and revenge. I have lost my copy of the article, but it's worth a trip to your friendly neighborhood medical library.

Newquagmire said:
search? that's the first publication i included on my LOI

awww, i just found out my journal submission got a rejection letter too :thumbdown:

i guess it doesn't matter as much since the application cycle is basically over :rolleyes:

I've always been curious why people don't fess up to these things as soon as the doctor asks them what's wrong...

Ahhh well.....it still made my day. :laugh:

Havarti666 said:
That's good, but I'm not sure it tops the grandaddy of 'em all:

Verkuyl DA. Oral conception. Impregnation via the proximal gastrointestinal tract in a patient with an aplastic distal vagina. Case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 95(9):933-4.

A tale of love, betrayal and revenge. I have lost my copy of the article, but it's worth a trip to your friendly neighborhood medical library.

Now I'm curious. I tried searching for this article on PubMed, found it but it didn't include links (probably because too long ago), not even an abstract... and NIH Library is far from my lab. Could anyone find and post it here? A tale of love, betrayal and revenge.... mmmmm.... :rolleyes:

mentoz said:
and the lesson learned here today is ....

don't drink and drive.

hey immunoant, i think it's "bruins," plural. soon penn will own this forum.

Newquagmire said:
hey immunoant, i think it's "bruins," plural. ... .

Oh.... *shrug* (whatever ...) and I am wearing my favorite UCLA T-shirt today ... ... thanks for ruining my cheerful day, you *insert what I called you last time*!!! :smuggrin: