best journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveumms

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start reading a anesthesia journal for interviews and wanted to know which one is 'the best' for a general overview of anesthesia topics.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you need to prepare for interviews in this way. I did not get pimped by anyone during any interview. But do make sure you are prepared to discuss your own research activities if you had any (plenty of people don't). If you want to read for the sake of your own interest in anesthesia, I would recommend an introductory textbook. There are essentially two: Baby Miller and Morgan & Mikhail.

loveumms said:
I wanted to start reading a anesthesia journal for interviews and wanted to know which one is 'the best' for a general overview of anesthesia topics.

thanks

I thought that it might be a good thing to be at least somewhat knowledgable in the field before interviews. One of the residents I worked iwth during medicine wanted to go into cards and he knew all of the 'cardinal' cardiology papers. I just thought it might be something that comes up in discussion on interviews.

Thanks