Best Lecture Product That Mirrors Medical School Classroom Lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engineercuriousabtmed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a middle-aged engineer with no plans to go to medical school or delusions of grandeur concerning using my self-learning.

I am a lifelong learner and am insatiably curious about what the actual contant of medical school is, and want to be exposed to the classroom education that medical school students go through. All the classes, all the hours, all the material. No pretensions of practicing on my friends - I'm well aware of the fact I can kill someone by pretending to know what I'm talking about :) I just want the knowledge.

My science education includes Bio II, Chem II, Phys II, Orgo II, Calc III, Ana/Physio, and Fluid Mechanics. I'm not looking for a layman's explanation but a true medical school lecture experience.

What is the best product for me to buy/subscribe to, if I want the actual content of medical school lectures and mirror actually being in the room for every subject. And I would add, the material that is used to study for the Boards.

Is there a single product out there that serves this purpose or is the only option to purchase a patchwork of various products and resources?

Dr Najeeb's lectures?
Lecturio? Others?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm a middle-aged engineer with no plans to go to medical school or delusions of grandeur concerning using my self-learning.

I am a lifelong learner and am insatiably curious about what the actual contant of medical school is, and want to be exposed to the classroom education that medical school students go through. All the classes, all the hours, all the material. No pretensions of practicing on my friends - I'm well aware of the fact I can kill someone by pretending to know what I'm talking about :) I just want the knowledge.

My science education includes Bio II, Chem II, Phys II, Orgo II, Calc III, Ana/Physio, and Fluid Mechanics. I'm not looking for a layman's explanation but a true medical school lecture experience.

What is the best product for me to buy/subscribe to, if I want the actual content of medical school lectures and mirror actually being in the room for every subject. And I would add, the material that is used to study for the Boards.

Is there a single product out there that serves this purpose or is the only option to purchase a patchwork of various products and resources?

Dr Najeeb's lectures?
Lecturio? Others?

Thanks!
Youtube videos

Dr Najeeb's lectures?
Lecturio? Others?

Thanks!

I would say multiple, depending on the subject.

Physiology:
Najeeb
Boards and Beyond

Histology:
Shotgun Histology

Biochemistry:
Steve Schneid (youtube)
JJMedicine (youtube)
Random youtube vids

Microbiology:
SketchyMedical

Pharmacology:
Random youtube videos

Immunology:
DrBeen (youtube)

Pathology:
Pathoma
Goljan audio (The guy is hilarious, just pure entertainment)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say multiple, depending on the subject.

Physiology:
Najeeb
Boards and Beyond

Histology:
Shotgun Histology

Biochemistry:
Steve Schneid (youtube)
JJMedicine (youtube)
Random youtube vids

Microbiology:
SketchyMedical

Pharmacology:
Random youtube videos

Immunology:
DrBeen (youtube)

Pathology:
Pathoma
Goljan audio (The guy is hilarious, just pure entertainment)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
No problem!