How do schools see separate lecture and lab grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Graveyard_Shift_Sally

Reaction score
My school has separate courses for lecture and lab (lecture is 3 cr and lab 1 cr). Schools typically want prerequisites to be completed as a "C or higher". If there are separate grades, does the school average the grades to see if the student has fulfilled this requirement or does the school just look at the lecture?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My school has separate courses for lecture and lab (lecture is 3 cr and lab 1 cr). Schools typically want prerequisites to be completed as a "C or higher". If there are separate grades, does the school average the grades to see if the student has fulfilled this requirement or does the school just look at the lecture?
Thank you!

My understanding is they will look at both. If a school requires a C in all prerequisites, and you earn a B+ in biology lecture but a D in lab, you will not meet their biology + lab requirement.

I had a few classes like the ones you describe and they showed up as separate grades on my AMCAS.