Best MCAT Prep book (or course)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HawaiiMedMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best MCAT Prep book or course. And try not to be biased. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard the Berkeley Review is the best. Personally I loved the Princeton Review course and book. I did everything they told me to do and got a 37. I've heard nothing except bad reviews about Kaplan, so I wouldn't recommend there.

However, you're only gonna get out what you put in no matter where you go.

Biology: 1. EK Bio (for content) + BR Bio (for passages and further topic depth if needed) 2. TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. EK/Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Extra Practice Material: 1. TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook, good source of practice passages 1. AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (most representative material available) 2. EK 1001 series, helps nail down basics

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology: 1. EK Bio (for content) + BR Bio (for passages and further topic depth if needed) 2. TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. EK/Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Extra Practice Material: 1. TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook, good source of practice passages 1. AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (most representative material available) 2. EK 1001 series, helps nail down basics

My opinion is in bold.

Ive heard some great things about BR, but have never used them myself. Im currently going through the EK material and have to go through each page of EK, then each page of a textbook to really understand everything. From what Ive gathered, with BR you don't have to do this as much

I just bought the EK Complete Study Package and will go from here. Berkely is pretty darn pricey, so I'll see how I feel after EK and maybe do some Kaplan to help out from there if I need.

if you are not in the cali area and looking for a course, you can go with TPR.
if you want to study on your own though, BR books are good