Best Med School website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cHocoBo 118

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i get pretty dang bored at work and often catch myself randomly browsing med school websites. Therefore out of pure curiosity on my part, what do you guys think is the best med school website that you've encountered?

I give my top pick to UCSF. Their website is phenomenal. The web designer there deserves 10 cookies for the beauty of the site. It's very user friendly, constantly updated, and they even have a cool virtual 360 campus tour feature. ( UCSF website )

This is vastly in contrast with some other med school websites that i've seen that look like they had their 10 year old son with basic HTML skills design it.

Members don't see this ad.

cHocoBo 118 said:
i get pretty dang bored at work and often catch myself randomly browsing med school websites. Therefore out of pure curiosity on my part, what do you guys think is the best med school website that you've encountered?

I give my top pick to UCSF. Their website is phenomenal. The web designer there deserves 10 cookies for the beauty of the site. It's very user friendly, constantly updated, and they even have a cool virtual 360 campus tour feature. ( UCSF website )

This is vastly in contrast with some other med school websites that i've seen that look like they had their 10 year old son with basic HTML skills design it.

Duke hands down. better than UCSF. I would make love to Duke....take it down by the fire and what not. They even have videos.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Yale's website is cool.

i found them all 4 to be very 'meh'

cHocoBo 118 said:
I give my top pick to UCSF. ( UCSF website )
QUOTE]

UCSF's is nice. Orange usually sucks, IMO, but not here; the site is sophisticated, visually stimulating and easy to navigate. Compare this (or Duke's) to, say, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (http://www.tumi.edu/). Look's like UCSF hired pros and Touro decided to use high school computer club volunteers.

Pritzker's SUCKS and everyone here knows it. Luckily, since they're all equally crappy, the entire University is updating later this year, Pritzker included.

We've personally had consultants working on it for the better part of a year, and the new one will look something like this: bsd.uchicago.edu. I personally love the new one. It looks pretty. And you can actually find stuff. Whoa.