Best Medical School Interview Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used an interview book that was helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't use interview books. They turn you into a cookie cutter premed with such rehearsed responses that banality would be a severe understatement.

If you want to prepare for interviews, here's how I did it, and it may not work for you, depending on what you already know about certain issues and what type of person you are. NEVER SCRIPT ANYTHING OR USED SCRIPTED MATERIALS. Always develop informed opinions that are your own. I prepared alot, only because it relaxed me, others like to fly in raw and play it all by ear, it depends on you.

I first look over stuff about myself: PS, secondary essays, my EC's and what I learned from them, my major, publications, thesis, etc etc. Then I look over stuff that isn't about me per se: healthcare issues, bioethics, current events, etc. Books like Healthcare Meltdown, Understanding Health Policy, and also the UWash Bioethics module are great. I also read some other books for leisure, like HoG, On Call, etc etc, there's a book list that I maintained floating on a thread somewhere in PreAllo, search for it.

its not a book, but its perhaps even better...SDN's student interview feedback!

I agree...and not just to plug SDN. I found it helpful to look through some of the questions people were asked, since the kind of questions/focus of questions varies by school (and, a few times, I actually got the same interviewer and was asked the exact same questions). But, as eternalrage said, don't script out answers...just look through the questions so you're not caught off guard.