Best Months for Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GMO2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In general, which month(s) are the best to schedule your "audition" rotations at institutions your are highly interested in doing your residency training. Also, if there are any former GMOs out there that have successfully made the transition to the civilian residency program and specialty of their choice...I AM ALL EARS Please give me your wisdom and tips for success...thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

GMO2003 said:
In general, which month(s) are the best to schedule your "audition" rotations at institutions your are highly interested in doing your residency training. Also, if there are any former GMOs out there that have successfully made the transition to the civilian residency program and specialty of their choice...I AM ALL EARS Please give me your wisdom and tips for success...thank you all

Best months are summer to early fall of 4th year (or any year if you are doing your GMO) since applications go in during the fall and you'll want enough time for the faculty to write you a good LOR.