Best MS1 texts??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adismo

covered in moon dust
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask what the best texts are (in your opinion) for the first year courses; texts in Anatomy (inc. atlases), Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology. Your answers are all apreciated (esp. if you attend COMP).

I think this is a great help for any upcoming first years, esp. if you plan to do a little summer reading. The reason for this is to find the clinically oriented texts that highlight relevant stuff instead of lecture you into a coma. Netter is better and Moore gives you more, they say, but I want to know from you...

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out 874-5309 on the allopathic forum, they have hit all of the subjects in a slightly annoying/useful categorical breakdown.

Anatomy: personally I like Clemente.

Toran

I saw that, but i wanted to broadent the topic and ask DO students in particular.

I think that ost med students have a different insight and any info they share will be extremely helpful to myself and others. Also the DO posts have been lax on the academics lately, as people are talking more about admissions. (clemente is OK, but the drawings were saturated with too many labels)

The question still stands. Again, thanks for you thoughtful replies.

The only text I would purchase is a Netter Atlas. DO not buy books until you talk to your assigned second year buddy during the first or second week of the semester. You may be able to pick up some used books. If you go out and buy all of the required text, you will regret it later because you will not use many of them. Most of the information is provided to you via handouts and power point slides. If you happen to be on a military scholorship, or have unlimited funds, than go to town and buy all of the texts. I know that the admissions people talked about big changes in the curriculum, however, the reality is that most of it will stay the same.I believe they are cutting out micro lab and possibly some anatomy lab hours. If you want to get ahead, study the superficial and deep back muscles, nerves, arteries and actions, and you will be way ahead. Trust me!
Bili Rubin
MSI COMP

[This message has been edited by seizure (edited March 28, 2001).]