Best online scientific calculator to practice with for Naplex

Started by Missha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Missha

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to start practicing my math with an online scientific calculator so I can be comfortable during Naplex calculations. Does this one seem like a good fit? Does anyone have any better suggestions? http://web2.0calc.com/

Although I will ask for the hand-held 5 function calculator, I've heard that it will arbitrarily round your numbers at each step.

Thank you!
 
I wanted to start practicing my math with an online scientific calculator so I can be comfortable during Naplex calculations. Does this one seem like a good fit? Does anyone have any better suggestions? http://web2.0calc.com/

Although I will ask for the hand-held 5 function calculator, I've heard that it will arbitrarily round your numbers at each step.

Thank you!

I found the answer for you.

"I didn't get any log questions. The calculator provided on the computer is a TI-30 equivalent. You have everything from parentheses to log to square root. You don't need more for this exam."
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/are-sdn-120-math-questions-enough-for-naplex.1082251/#post-15404727
Thanks to poster PharmBeanz,Jun 30, 2014


Handheld calculator is basic like this:
"Pretty sure it was this one in case anyone is curious, but I'm sure all sites have different calcs (but they'll all be basic ones like this):
http://www.staples.com/Staples-SPL-120-8-Digit-Display-Calculator/product_466493
"
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/another-“i-passed-naplex-and-so-will-you”-thread.1082090/#post-15432941
Thanks to poster john888,Jul 1, 2014


Good luck and please come back to help others after you pass the exam.
 
Last edited:
I found the answer for you.

"I didn't get any log questions. The calculator provided on the computer is a TI-30 equivalent. You have everything from parentheses to log to square root. You don't need more for this exam."
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/are-sdn-120-math-questions-enough-for-naplex.1082251/#post-15404727
Thanks to poster PharmBeanz,Jun 30, 2014


Handheld calculator is basic like this:
"Pretty sure it was this one in case anyone is curious, but I'm sure all sites have different calcs (but they'll all be basic ones like this):
http://www.staples.com/Staples-SPL-120-8-Digit-Display-Calculator/product_466493
"
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/another-“i-passed-naplex-and-so-will-you”-thread.1082090/#post-15432941
Thanks to poster john888,Jul 1, 2014


Good luck and please come back to help others after you pass the exam.
Thank you EML & Moly! I will be sure to share my experiences in two weeks.