Best OR Bluetooth Speaker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnePunchBiopsy

Allergies: Clinic
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Bluetooth speaker recommendations? The main OR speakers at my hospital are not working.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any Bluetooth speaker recommendations? The main OR speakers at my hospital are not working.

Anker SoundCore. Cheap, sounds decent, water resistant, good battery life, easy to fit in a bag. I have the original version, and it gets plenty loud for the OR.

The newer version actually allows stereo pairing, and only costs like 10 bucks more.

Reactions: 2 users
Harman Kardon Onyx Studio. I have the model 3.

They go on sale through HK (refurbished) for $80-90 all the time. They aren't worth the MSRP of $300+, but you will not find a better sub-$100 speaker

Members don't see this ad :)
Anker SoundCore. Cheap, sounds decent, water resistant, good battery life, easy to fit in a bag. I have the original version, and it gets plenty loud for the OR.

The newer version actually allows stereo pairing, and only costs like 10 bucks more.

This is what I have. Cheap enough I won’t be devastated if I lose it, and sounds great

I have this tiny speaker that is $24.99. It has a loop so I can attach it to my loupes case. It is small so I don’t feel dumb lugging it around. If I lose it, won’t care bc of how cheap it is.

It’s not Bose quality or anything but it’s alright. For its size, it can get pretty loud.

One of my junior residents had one and that’s how I discovered it.

Amazon product

Last edited:
Cell phone.

Suction cannister.

Tape.

Not sure about cost but available at all ORs near you.

Reactions: 1 users
I use a UE Roll - it will hang from any available hook or IV pole in the room and is waterproof if you ever need to wipe it down.