Best PCAT study guides?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mary Moore

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to prep for my pcat and I have Kaplan books, but I keep seeing Dr. Collins everywhere. I am not familiar with it and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get it? Thanks

:)

Members don't see this ad.

The best thing you can do is to do the practice tests. This familiarizes you with the wording and timing. Keep in mind that the Chem, Bio, and Math sections test you over about 10 prerequisite courses alone. There is no way if you don't already have a really good basic knowledge of the subjects you will improve drastically by reading a book. But the Kaplan book should be as good as any. I looked at it for statistics and anatomy since I hadn't taken them. Not sure how much it helped my score much though. I think my score would not have been in the 90s had I not done the practice tests.

I have a 2012 dr collins for sale with 2013 updates. Email [email protected] if interested
The best thing you can do is to do the practice tests. This familiarizes you with the wording and timing. Keep in mind that the Chem, Bio, and Math sections test you over about 10 prerequisite courses alone. There is no way if you don't already have a really good basic knowledge of the subjects you will improve drastically by reading a book. But the Kaplan book should be as good as any. I looked at it for statistics and anatomy since I hadn't taken them. Not sure how much it helped my score much though. I think my score would not have been in the 90s had I not done the practice tests.
have

Members don't see this ad :)
Google Dr. Collins PCAT and you will find the website. I think it's like $300 but IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! The first time I took the PCAT I scored 65-70 in almost every subject (except reading lol......it was a lot lower :confused:). After studying Dr. Collins I scored 93+ in almost every subject(except reading......... :dead:)
Dr. Collins basically has a very great study guide for biology/chem/math and includes 8 OLD PCAT tests for you to practice.
After studying Dr. Collins for 2-3 months (or 1 month 6-7 hrs a day) buy the Pearson Practice PCAT test (for $40 I think) and practice taking it. After that you will get at least 85+ composite on the PCAT. Good luck!!!

Good luck!!After that you will get at least 85+ composite on the PCAT. thank you
b8em6w

Dr Collins, I took it twice using it- the first time was over the summer taking 11 hours of upper division science and full time job and didn't do that great, retook it 2 months later and got 91 comp and 99 chem. It is the real deal. Unless you need to review or learn material then I suggest supplementing Princeton review with dr Collins.

Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to prep for my pcat and I have Kaplan books, but I keep seeing Dr. Collins everywhere. I am not familiar with it and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get it? Thanks

:)
I have the complete 2013 Dr. Collins study materials. If you are interested in buying you can email me at [email protected]

Literally THE best study guide ever lol screw the Kaplan book. They don't focus on the specific areas like dr collin. And the whole book is over 500 pages (if I remember correctly)

I scored 67% on the first one (or somewhere along the line, with low VA score and 50 on RC on July) by studying with Kaplan

Then I bought dr collin's for studying the 2nd time (on September) and scored comt 95% with 17% on RC and 50ish on VA... Lol but my bio, Chem and QA were all on the 99% and 98%

I don't think dr collin is much useful on the QA bc their practice session is too easy but bio and chem definitely top all other study guides. Especially the chem section

So does anybody have any suggestions about the Reading Comp Section?

Reactions: 1 user