Best Prep Materials for USMLE Step1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudFinder2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best up to date review materials for Step 1? Ideally something made in the last 5 years since the test is drastically different now than it was even a few years ago. I want something that is generalized, covers the highest yield topics, and isn't 700+ pages long. Basically something to improve my score, not just a tomb of every single factoid that someone could come up with (i.e. not the FirstAid).

Anything out there?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to say, but First Aid is what you want. First Aid isn't all the information on Step 1, it's mostly the high yield stuff. There's still some areas in FA that need some extra help (biostats, neuro, micro, some path according to stuff our school puts out based on feedback from M3s/M4s).

There is a brand new Step1 prep product that is coming out soon, called "Highest Yield Flash Cards for the USLME Step1". The guy used to be an engineer and science teacher, just crushed the test (top 5%, last year 2013) and then went around asking other kids who did really well what topics were the highest yield, and then found one of the graphics designers from TMNT (lol) and made a flash card deck that is cases on the front, and buzzwords, factoids, awesome completely reinvented figures. Plus it's in color, looks cool, and has no fluff which is good for people like me (a little ADHD). Covers every subject, only major big money items and skips the bizarre rare stuff! I could only find ads and pre-order stuff for it on a few medical journal websites via google:

https://www.postgradmed.org/

Sounds like it will be in print in a few weeks.