Best rads program for hours and faculty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasping81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up all.

Lurking around for a while. Looking for a program with the following:
1. Has good or great hours so I have time to read afterwards. Not sure when days start or end usually. Hopefully better than my current situation.
2. GREAT faculty. More important than anything else. I want to work with people who want to teach me rather than treat me like cheap labor, yell, and run off to the lounge so then the surgeon can whine about how the patient is not relaxed :thumbdown:.
3. Hopefully somewhere in the midwest near north suburbs of Chicago (so I don't really care if it's in Chicago so Milwaukee or something like that is cool). Just don't want to be too far from family/friends. Currently I'm far away meaning hours of driving just to see my parents. Just better off flying, which ain't cheap.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What's up all.

Lurking around for a while. Looking for a program with the following:
1. Has good or great hours so I have time to read afterwards. Not sure when days start or end usually. Hopefully better than my current situation.
2. GREAT faculty. More important than anything else. I want to work with people who want to teach me rather than treat me like cheap labor, yell, and run off to the lounge so then the surgeon can whine about how the patient is not relaxed :thumbdown:.
3. Hopefully somewhere in the midwest near north suburbs of Chicago (so I don't really care if it's in Chicago so Milwaukee or something like that is cool). Just don't want to be too far from family/friends. Currently I'm far away meaning hours of driving just to see my parents. Just better off flying, which ain't cheap.

1. You're going to have a hard time getting answers to this, and not just because people will think that you're afraid of hard work. There are variations from program to program and I suspect it would be easier to feel these things out after actually interviewing at programs you're interested in.
2/3. Not to direct traffic away from studentdoctor, but browse around the forums (or post a thread) on www.auntminnie.com for info on this kind of thing (if you haven't already). There are lots of program reviews and tons of other useful bits of info. G'luck!