Best rejection letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DizzleISA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Making some light out of any rejections we may have gotten (seeing that they are inevitable) which one was the best?

I'm going with the Ohio State University (anyone who got it knows what i'm talking about.. you felt strangely good after reading it :laugh:)

Members don't see this ad.

harvard has nice parchment paper

Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion it is not a matter. Rejection is a rejection (typically I saw -> there are a lot of great applicants for few spots:))

Loma Linda:

"There were more qualified, holier applicants . . . we only accept people who would get into heaven . . . go burn in hell . . . have a nice day"

Removed by administration

Last edited:
UCLA:

Letter 1:

"Please send us a secondary application fee and fill out our ridiculously long and asinine secondary application and please give us your high school transcript immediately and your chances of getting in will improve greatly"

Letter 2 (2 days later):

"We regret to inform you that we only take CA residents, but thanks for your money anyway and I'm sure you enjoyed calling your high school and feeling like a jackass for requesting your high school transcript, which everyone complains about every year but we don't give a rat's ass because we are UCLA and everyone and their mother wants to get up on our grill. Peace"

Making some light out of any rejections we may have gotten (seeing that they are inevitable) which one was the best?

I'm going with the Ohio State University (anyone who got it knows what i'm talking about.. you felt strangely good after reading it :laugh:)

I got the OSU letter, and I didn't even apply there. I sent them the DAT scores and then didn't send anything else. It was a pretty reasuring letter though. I felt very optimistic, and two days later I was accepted elsewhere.

Can we please make this a vote for the best one? One tally for Loma Linda! :laugh:

USC:

Letter 1:

"Please send us $100, the most expensive dental school secondary fee, EVER, to compliment our tuition, which is the most expensive dental school tuition, EVER so that we can pay our staff $1.50 to update your status on our own computer system from secondary fee 'not received' to 'received'"

Letter 2 (3 years later):

"We regret to inform you that you didn't get in, but thanks for trying anyway . . . and please come again."

Meharry:

"We regret to inform you that we are not a real dental school, which should have been obviously by our ridiculously sounding name, and if that was not obvious to you, then you should consider changing your name to Mestupid, or better yet, Mesohorny."

Howard:

"We regret to inform you that you have not been accepted . . . we evaluate our applicants based upon numerous factors including: GPA, DAT scores, community service, penis size . . . Although your credentials were competitive, we had a lot of very competitive students this year."

Members don't see this ad :)
Howard:

"We regret to inform you that you have not been accepted . . . we evaluate our applicants based upon numerous factors including: GPA, DAT scores, community service, penis size . . . Although your credentials were competitive, we had a lot of very competitive students this year."
lol gross

University of Kentucky

"We regret to inform you that our school is so cheap to send you a rejection letter and we must send you an email to reject you...
As you are aware the competition for admission to dental school is great, here at the University of Kentucky Fried Chicken Land."

Columbia:

"We regret to inform you that your application was denied . . . please call us with any questions during our office hours: Monday 10:32AM - 10:36AM, Tuesday 2:11PM-2:12 and 32seconds PM, and Friday 3:15 and 12 seconds PM - 3:18 and 5 seconds PM."

Temple:

"Nah, you ain't get in . . . mah bad playa, mah bad . . ."

UCLA:

Letter 1:

"Please send us a secondary application fee and fill out our ridiculously long and asinine secondary application and please give us your high school transcript immediately and your chances of getting in will improve greatly"

Letter 2 (2 days later):

"We regret to inform you that we only take CA residents, but thanks for your money anyway and I'm sure you enjoyed calling your high school and feeling like a jackass for requesting your high school transcript, which everyone complains about every year but we don't give a rat's ass because we are UCLA and everyone and their mother wants to get up on our grill. Peace"

LoL

Loma Linda:

"There were more qualified, holier applicants . . . we only accept people who would get into heaven . . . go burn in hell . . . have a nice day"

:thumbup:

hilarious :D

NYU:

"If you are on the receiving end of this rejection letter, you're odds of ever becoming a dentist are virtually non-existent . . . Therefore stop wasting your time and go enroll at the Fashion Institute of Technology just around the corner."

NYU:

"If you are on the receiving end of this rejection letter, you're odds of ever becoming a dentist are virtually non-existent . . . Therefore stop wasting your time and go enroll at the Fashion Institute of Technology just around the corner."
Haha. You are on fire. :corny:

NYU:

:smuggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Howard:

ouch!!! haha but funny lol:laugh::thumbup:

HaHAAAAAa! You have the best ones. I got into Howard without a penis but I can see your point lol

Meharry:

"We regret to inform you that we are not a real dental school, which should have been obviously by our ridiculously sounding name, and if that was not obvious to you, then you should consider changing your name to Mestupid, or better yet, Mesohorny."

hahahha omg dude your so funny! I'm cracking up over here lol

last year from indiana:

got denied post interview in email and a couple weeks later changed my aadsas to : Application Denied: Applicant is not competitive and is no longer being considered.

dont sugar-coat it please! so much for dr. kaspergs big "Your all here because you are highly competitive applicants" speech

Columbia:

"We regret to inform you that your application was denied . . . please call us with any questions during our office hours: Monday 10:32AM - 10:36AM, Tuesday 2:11PM-2:12 and 32seconds PM, and Friday 3:15 and 12 seconds PM - 3:18 and 5 seconds PM."

:D seriously....

I got a rejection letter from UF today:

"You may wonder what was lacking in your application. For the most applicants, the honest answer is nothing."

When I read this, I thought that's just bunch of BS. :eyebrow: Maybe that's just me.

"You may wonder what was lacking in your application. For the most applicants, the honest answer is nothing."

When I read this, I thought that's just bunch of BS. :eyebrow: Maybe that's just me.
Now THAT is a slap in the face.

UPenn:

"May we remind you that no one has yet perfected the art of human assessment and that you can prove by your own achievements in the years ahead how very shortsighted our Committee was by not selecting you to interview for our program"

Then why didn't you interview me?!?:luck:

ROFL, you have about 50 more to go, Ballsin.

I didn't even get a letter from Kentucky. I got an email with "declined" as the subject.

NYU:

That's not really funny. (though a few of your others were) I want to get a degree from both dental school and FIT.

what did OSU's letter say... "we know you are an academic star, but obviously your star doesn't shine bright enough for us" lol something along those lines?

UPenn:

"May we remind you that no one has yet perfected the art of human assessment and that you can prove by your own achievements in the years ahead how very shortsighted our Committee was by not selecting you to interview for our program"

Then why didn't you interview me?!?:luck:
Is that real?

I didn't even get a letter from Kentucky. I got an email with "declined" as the subject.
This one wins for the worst ever by far.

MTD52, that's exactly what it said on my rejection letter, WORD FOR WORD.

MTD52, that's exactly what it said on my rejection letter, WORD FOR WORD.

My God lol. Well, there's some motivation for ya? :D

They keep recycling that letter...I got it for both the class of 2012 and 2013 application cycles

They keep recycling that letter...I got it for both the class of 2012 and 2013 application cycles

Wow... I'm sorry you had to receive that same letter twice. That really hurts for reapplicants! :mad: