Best resource for Molecular Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indianjatt

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I seem to consistently have trouble with some molecular biology concepts. In particular, I have trouble with dense passages (like passage 2 of Kaplan Biology section test 4) that deal with very convoluted pathways. Basically, 3-4 paragraphs that basically describe how a particular pathway is activated if this thing phosphorylates this.... if the molecule is on the surface, which then activates another protein pathway, which controls cell growth.... which is controlled by another protein which blah blah blah.

I know I have a few other issues with molecular bio, but they are just specific examples and not really a whole subsection of molecular bio.

So, back to my question: Does anyone know of a good source to review up on this material or how to get better? I'd greatly appreciate it! I have ~3 weeks or so until my exam.
 
Try drawing pathways and diagrams on your scrap paper to help you better follow what the passage is saying. That seems to work for some people
 
I remember that passage lol. I was like wtf is going on but yeah, after going over the test after I realized that if I made a simple pathway of what each thing did to the next thing, I could've gotten most if not all of the answers right. I've been doing that since and it helps for the most part so give it a try next time!