• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Best resources for specifically learning taxonomy, human development(embryology), taxonomy, and...

lwergod

2+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
    anatomy/physiology?

I've been averaging 19-21 across all the Bio tests I have taken, but my weakness are in the topics stated above. Otherwise, I've made almost perfect scores in all the other sub-sections, and feel like it's a waste of time focusing too much on them.

I took genetics, cell bio, and physiology in the Spring, which for the most part, have prepared me pretty well with the exception of physiology.

My physiology class covered topics all over the place where half of them were low yield subjects in regard to what's tested on the DAT. I.E. we talked about ice nucleating agents for almost half a test.. which is low-yield af...

and the topics that are high-yield, were covered very briefly.

So my question is, what is a list of the most high yield anatomy/physiology subjects?

renal physiology/cardiology/action potentials/ etc.. feel free to contribute to this list

also what are the best resources for re-learning things like human development/taxonomy from scratch?

Ktrue3

May 8, 2018
    1. Pre-Dental
      anatomy/physiology?

I've been averaging 19-21 across all the Bio tests I have taken, but my weakness are in the topics stated above. Otherwise, I've made almost perfect scores in all the other sub-sections, and feel like it's a waste of time focusing too much on them.

I took genetics, cell bio, and physiology in the Spring, which for the most part, have prepared me pretty well with the exception of physiology.

My physiology class covered topics all over the place where half of them were low yield subjects in regard to what's tested on the DAT. I.E. we talked about ice nucleating agents for almost half a test.. which is low-yield af...

So my question is, what is a list of the most high yield anatomy/physiology subjects?

renal physiology/cardiology/action potentials/ etc.. feel free to contribute to this list

also what are the best resources for re-learning things like human development/taxonomy from scratch?
      For taxonomy, I used DAT Qvault’s taxonomy cheat sheat and I believe it’s more than enough. As for anatomy/physiology, I found feralis notes and DAT Bootcamp biology to be helpful. If you know everything in Feralis, you should be able to get 22+ on the biology section. I don’t think there’s necessarily a complete list of high yield questions for A&P because they can ask you anything. Feralis notes does a great job explaining all possible A&P topics that you’ll see on test day. AP Cliff’s is a good resource for embryology! Some DAT Bootcamp exam questions thoroughly explains embryology as well.

pma96

5+ Year Member
      Jul 21, 2016
      1. Pre-Dental
        anatomy/physiology?

I was in the same position as A&P was the only class I hadn't taken and therefore it was my weakness. What I did was make flashcards of every single concept on Feralis's notes for A&P and learn everything in there. I also watched Youtube videos to get a more dynamic picture of things. The day of the test, A&P was the topic I was less worried about.

About the Ads

lwergod

2+ Year Member
        Sep 27, 2017
        1. Pre-Dental
          I was in the same position as A&P was the only class I hadn't taken and therefore it was my weakness. What I did was make flashcards of every single concept on Feralis's notes for A&P and learn everything in there. I also watched Youtube videos to get a more dynamic picture of things. The day of the test, A&P was the topic I was less worried about.

how'd you end up doing in bio?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.