Best search tool for the residency program

Started by SNAMJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SNAMJ

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,
what is the best search tool for the residency programs?
it's my first year to apply and I am not sure?
 
There are many tools that you can use, but I think the most basic one is FREIDA:

There are more tools that you can use with one of them launched last year and that I found really useful:

I am sure there are more search tools that I dont know about, but those 2 are the main ones that I used.
 
There are many tools that you can use, but I think the most basic one is FREIDA:

There are more tools that you can use with one of them launched last year and that I found really useful:

I am sure there are more search tools that I dont know about, but those 2 are the main ones that I used.
Thanks much appreciate it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any search tool that you can filter by average USMLE/COMLEX scores at the program instead of their published cutoff scores? TIA.
 
Is there any search tool that you can filter by average USMLE/COMLEX scores at the program instead of their published cutoff scores? TIA.
I tried to find the way with COMPLEX without success. But I found a relatively fast solution with USMLE Step 1 on the way. I walked over programs by pressing the next button and bookmarking programs with a low average score here. After registration and selecting a specialty, you will be able to choose a free list. Select the first program and press the next button then. Maybe, one hour or less.
 
Is there any search tool that you can filter by average USMLE/COMLEX scores at the program instead of their published cutoff scores? TIA.

For ResidencyExplorer for the specialty I am interested in although some programs don’t have a published range/average listed it appears to still give you “you are in the bottom 25%/middle 50%/top 25% of this programs Step 1 scores”.
Are programs able to give some sort of bell curve for this metric without explicitly giving their average? Where does this reference come from?