• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

desiree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
I just came across these amazing shoes in one of the airport shops. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stylish they are . Come intern year (in a few months) I will own a few pairs of these shoes. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone who's been wondering what shoes to wear when on call. The best thing is, that you can decorate them with these cute little things (as seen on Oprah)-damn why didn't i think of something so simple.
Anyways the website is www.crocs.com and no I am not working for the company :) oh yeah and if you're a girl check out the 'mary jane' very cool.
good luck in the match. :luck:

About the Ads

medstudent99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just came across these amazing shoes in one of the airport shops. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stylish they are . Come intern year (in a few months) I will own a few pairs of these shoes. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone who's been wondering what shoes to wear when on call. The best thing is, that you can decorate them with these cute little things (as seen on Oprah)-damn why didn't i think of something so simple.
Anyways the website is www.crocs.com and no I am not working for the company :) oh yeah and if you're a girl check out the 'mary jane' very cool.
good luck in the match. :luck:

crocs' are awesome...ness :laugh:

surrender903

15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

blanche

#$%&*[email protected]!!#?
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2006
the heart of saturday night
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]

ekydrd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Louisville KY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Wear anything comfortable enough to keep on your feet for 30+ hours at a time... while constantly on your feet, walking/running from one end of the hospital to another. I have a variety of shoes I wear... Nike running shoes, Merrill clogs, Birkenstock clogs, Dr. Scholl's tenny clogs, etc. What I wear on call depends on how much my feet already hurt that morning (hey, I'm old and have arthritic feet, what can I say?). It may take some trial and error to come up with the "perfect" call shoes. And as for Crocs... some hospitals have a policy against shoes with holes in the top of the foot, so check the policy before investing too much money.

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2001
Lactate > 15
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
as for Crocs... some hospitals have a policy against shoes with holes in the top of the foot, so check the policy before investing too much money.

Ours recently implemented an anti-Croc policy and boy are the residents pissed. I just wear my sneaks.

Ed

desiree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
Ours recently implemented an anti-Croc policy and boy are the residents pissed. I just wear my sneaks.

Ed

The 'Professional' Croc model has no holes on top, so i think it would be ok to wear it in a hospital.

faerichilde

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
Don't wear sneakers on call unless you know there is no way you are going to have a chance to lie down. My first night on call as an intern in the NICU, I slept with my sneakers on because I knew if I got called to a delivery, I wouldn't have time to put them on. Now I always wear my danskos on call.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.