Best Shoes to wear while ON CALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desiree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just came across these amazing shoes in one of the airport shops. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stylish they are . Come intern year (in a few months) I will own a few pairs of these shoes. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone who's been wondering what shoes to wear when on call. The best thing is, that you can decorate them with these cute little things (as seen on Oprah)-damn why didn't i think of something so simple.
Anyways the website is www.crocs.com and no I am not working for the company :) oh yeah and if you're a girl check out the 'mary jane' very cool.
good luck in the match. :luck:

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have five pair. They sit along side my Dansko's.

My feet never hurt after hours in the OR. :thumbup:

medstudent99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came across these amazing shoes in one of the airport shops. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stylish they are . Come intern year (in a few months) I will own a few pairs of these shoes. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone who's been wondering what shoes to wear when on call. The best thing is, that you can decorate them with these cute little things (as seen on Oprah)-damn why didn't i think of something so simple.
Anyways the website is www.crocs.com and no I am not working for the company :) oh yeah and if you're a girl check out the 'mary jane' very cool.
good luck in the match. :luck:

crocs' are awesome...ness :laugh:

surrender903

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

ekydrd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wear anything comfortable enough to keep on your feet for 30+ hours at a time... while constantly on your feet, walking/running from one end of the hospital to another. I have a variety of shoes I wear... Nike running shoes, Merrill clogs, Birkenstock clogs, Dr. Scholl's tenny clogs, etc. What I wear on call depends on how much my feet already hurt that morning (hey, I'm old and have arthritic feet, what can I say?). It may take some trial and error to come up with the "perfect" call shoes. And as for Crocs... some hospitals have a policy against shoes with holes in the top of the foot, so check the policy before investing too much money.

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as for Crocs... some hospitals have a policy against shoes with holes in the top of the foot, so check the policy before investing too much money.

Ours recently implemented an anti-Croc policy and boy are the residents pissed. I just wear my sneaks.

Ed

desiree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ours recently implemented an anti-Croc policy and boy are the residents pissed. I just wear my sneaks.

Ed

The 'Professional' Croc model has no holes on top, so i think it would be ok to wear it in a hospital.

D

deleted109597

I just came across these amazing shoes in one of the airport shops.
Not to say you are maybe behind in times, but seriously, you just noticed crocs?
I couldn't believe how comfortable and stylish they are .
Comfy, yes, stylish, in the eye of the beholder.

That is all.

faerichilde

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't wear sneakers on call unless you know there is no way you are going to have a chance to lie down. My first night on call as an intern in the NICU, I slept with my sneakers on because I knew if I got called to a delivery, I wouldn't have time to put them on. Now I always wear my danskos on call.