You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Best Sitcoms of all time...
Started by thelonius
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Seinfeld was too touch-feely for me. All that trying to teach you to make yourself a better person.
I loved Newhart. It was consistantly funny. The final episode was probably the best last episode of any show ever.
The only sitcom I watch now is Scrubs. It's quirky, which I like. It makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.
The only sitcom I watch now is Scrubs. It's quirky, which I like. It makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I forgot the name of the show (I rarely get to watch it), but on BBC On Demand they have a British version of Friends that is the funniest show ever created.
(1) Seinfeld
(2) friends
(3) The simpsons
(2) friends
(3) The simpsons
(1) Seinfeld
(2) friends
(3) The simpsons
4) family guy
5) the office
I forgot the name of the show (I rarely get to watch it), but on BBC On Demand they have a British version of Friends that is the funniest show ever created.
You're thinking of Coupling...but it's not a British version of Friends.
I
The only sitcom I watch now is Scrubs. It's quirky, which I like. It makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.
I've gotta agree on Scrubs, the show is hillarious. I had to watch it a few times at first to really appreciate the humor but now I watch it whenever I can.
You're thinking of Coupling...but it's not a British version of Friends.
Coupling: Group of 6 friends; 3 guys, 3 girls; 2 of them are a couple; one guy is an idiot; one guy is neurotic; coffee shop hang-out; British accents; adult humor.
Reminds me of Friends. Maybe Friends is an American version of Coupling? Who cares...damn funny stuff.
Coupling: Group of 6 friends; 3 guys, 3 girls; 2 of them are a couple; one guy is an idiot; one guy is neurotic; coffee shop hang-out; British accents; adult humor.
Reminds me of Friends. Maybe Friends is an American version of Coupling? Who cares...damn funny stuff.
I'm not saying there aren't some similarities...but neither one is a version of the other. But I will agree that it's a good show.
Friends by far! But since this is of all time...
Full House (Uncle Jesse was a babe) and Family Matters were pretty awesome. Anything on TGIF was great.
Full House (Uncle Jesse was a babe) and Family Matters were pretty awesome. Anything on TGIF was great.
Full House (Uncle Jesse was a babe) and Family Matters were pretty awesome. Anything on TGIF was great.
I'm going to have to speak to the adcom to see if they made a mistake about letting you into UF.
They'll probably say Uncle Jesse was a babe too. I wasn't too fond of his mullet but he made the show great...and what a great show it was. I liked the cheesy music whenever Bob Saget was giving the meaningful advice to the kids at the end of the show.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those were great back in the day!
Although now I watch pretty much anything on TLC and MTV (Laguna Beach is the best)! And I pop in some 90210 and Saved by the Bell on DVD every now and then too! =)
Punky Brewster
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Diff'rent Strokes
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Diff'rent Strokes
Punky Brewster
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Diff'rent Strokes
That list brought back some memories 🙂 I love the 80s!!
That list brought back some memories 🙂 I love the 80s!!
Yup, there was some good TV in the 80's.
And I had time to actually watch.
These days I get to watch Grey's Anatomy, that's about it.
Plus some stuff on DVD.
The Office (original and US), Scrubs, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Is there no one else who loves Arrested Development? It is absolutely the best of all time. Seinfeld, Friends, and Newhart are very good too.
Is there no one else who loves Arrested Development? It is absolutely the best of all time. Seinfeld, Friends, and Newhart are very good too.
totally forgot about Arrested Development. Loved that show!
I was upset when it got cancelled. they show it on cable now.
Are there no other Married with Children fans here? Also I forgot to mention South Park.
Oh...Yes...Married with children was really good....."Pumpkin" was so funny......
I also want to add "The Fresh prince of Bel-Air."....😉
My favorite:
1. Seinfeld
2. The Office
3. News Radio
1. Seinfeld
2. The Office
3. News Radio
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last night's Scrubs Musical was one of the best shows that I've seen in a while. I loved JD & Turk's "Guy Love" duet.
For a musical it was pretty funny. You can check it out again at www.peekvid.com along with a lot of other movies and shows.
Currently watching House. I'd love to be able to talk to my customers the way he does to patients.
Too bad it'd get me fired.
Liked Fresh Prince probably the best.
Liked Fresh Prince probably the best.
1. In Living Color
2. Kids in the Hall
3. The A-Team
4. Magnum P.I.
5. Grizzly Adams
6. Greatest American Super Hero
7. Mork and Mindy
8. Facts of Life
9. Hawaii 5-0
10. EMERGENCY!
2. Kids in the Hall
3. The A-Team
4. Magnum P.I.
5. Grizzly Adams
6. Greatest American Super Hero
7. Mork and Mindy
8. Facts of Life
9. Hawaii 5-0
10. EMERGENCY!
1. In Living Color
2. Kids in the Hall
3. The A-Team
4. Magnum P.I.
5. Grizzly Adams
6. Greatest American Super Hero
7. Mork and Mindy
8. Facts of Life
9. Hawaii 5-0
10. EMERGENCY!
I like almost all of the shows on your list but some of them were not sitcoms!
1. In Living Color
2. Kids in the Hall
3. The A-Team
4. Magnum P.I.
5. Grizzly Adams
6. Greatest American Super Hero
7. Mork and Mindy
8. Facts of Life
9. Hawaii 5-0
10. EMERGENCY!
Yep, Hawaii 5-0 was hilarious
TV serves one purpose. NCAA sports.![]()
Such a surprise statement coming from you.

TV serves one purpose. NCAA sports.![]()
and porn.
and porn.
Computer is good for that... Caverject told me.
Such a surprise statement coming from you.![]()
Here is one for you..
Scrubs is hilarious!!! Very quirky humor with a genuine humanity portrayed. Definitely laugh out loud - the first 3 seasons were the greatest. Being in the healthcare professions, it's also great to relate to (even if not directly since they are MDs).
Others - Frasier - love the way Frasier always gets himself in these messes.
Seinfeld
Will and Grace (intelligently hilarious - the writers for Will and Grace rocked!)
Friends
Growing Pains ! I used to have the hugest crush on Kirk Cameron! 🙂
Okay - that's all I can think of for now
Others - Frasier - love the way Frasier always gets himself in these messes.
Seinfeld
Will and Grace (intelligently hilarious - the writers for Will and Grace rocked!)
Friends
Growing Pains ! I used to have the hugest crush on Kirk Cameron! 🙂
Okay - that's all I can think of for now
Oh yeah, I forgot.
WKRP in Cinncinatti
Wings
WKRP in Cinncinatti
Wings
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Computer is good for that... Caverject told me.
Trekkie Monster thinks so too.
http://www.avenueq.com/videoclips.html
Watch the 3rd clip from the show, "The Internet is for Porn"
I also liked Newsradio...
One word: Scrubs
Arrested Development
The Office
Lucky Louie
The Office
Lucky Louie
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 5K