bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
wanted to know what you guys feel is the best, or what you use now and KNOW FOR SURE is the best?

thanks a lot guys!

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
bbaek said:
wanted to know what you guys feel is the best, or what you use now and KNOW FOR SURE is the best?

thanks a lot guys!
ipod ear phones. hahaha

ellia08

Medicine + Math = Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
There are these weird silicon ones that you kinda smear over your ear that work really well and that are pretty comfortable. I forget the brand offhand though.

About the Ads

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2004
Somewhere in the middle
Status
bbaek said:

thanks a lot guys!
None! You can't use em' on the MCAT, so get used to distractions. Study in a library for Christ's sake! Maybe the lord will give you the strength to concentrate.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
skiz knot said:
None! You can't use em' on the MCAT, so get used to distractions. Study in a library for Christ's sake! Maybe the lord will give you the strength to concentrate.

hmm... i dont think he said anything about the MCAT... looks like u have MCAT on the mind! :scared: :scared:

RUscrewed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
New Brunswick, NJ
Status
Flents "Quiet Please". It is a sponge type where you squeeze and then it fits to the contours of your ear. but this particular brand is amazing. i am an ultra light sleeper and these things work like a charm. 29 decibel reduction rate which is the highest I have found in the market. it works better than the wax kinds and are more comfortable.

fun8stuff said:
hmm... i dont think he said anything about the MCAT... looks like u have MCAT on the mind! :scared: :scared:

OP
bbaek

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
skiz knot said:
well that is the problem. even in the library, and i'm talking about the remote areas, get noisy when one or two ppl come in and just want to chit chat. and sometimes the ventilation is noisy. :D

skiracer90

go sox!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Northeast
Status
RUscrewed said:
Flents "Quiet Please". It is a sponge type where you squeeze and then it fits to the contours of your ear. but this particular brand is amazing. i am an ultra light sleeper and these things work like a charm. 29 decibel reduction rate which is the highest I have found in the market. it works better than the wax kinds and are more comfortable.
I'm a big fan of those as well. My roommate is up til all hours of the night so I need these to get sleep at night.

microman

Microman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2004
Status
I've found that my elbows work quite well.

However, I have to agree that you should probably get used to studying in noisy environments. That way you'll be well-equipped to study or take exams in any situation.

OP
bbaek

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
and i can't take these study earplugs to the mcat? i thought study plugs were allowed? unless they aren't...

Ross434

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
Pharmacy Student
you should never use crayons, either.. They're not allowed on the mcat.. Heck, golf carts arent allowed during the mcat either.. Stay away from those!!

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bbaek said:
and i can't take these study earplugs to the mcat? i thought study plugs were allowed? unless they aren't...
They aren't. :thumbdown:

OP
bbaek

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
what are the bright orange ones that i always see on the college campus.

also, which ones can be used for both studying and sleeping and are very very comfortable and keep out noise the best? any recommended websites?

myodana

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2004
BX, NY
Status
Medical Student
bbaek said:
they're not. but the girl sitting next to me at the mcat got really frustrated during the bio section, and she wadded up some tissue and crammed it into her ears... it was pretty funny actually, especially when she realized she couldn't get it out afterwards!! :eek:

R

Revolution #9

Don't use the cylindrical ones made from hard foam. Use the bright orange or forest green ones that are really squishy and flair out at the end. They work wonders.

moofdaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
www.wannawiki.com
Status
large wads of cotten. They have the added benefit of keeping people from talking to you.

OP
bbaek

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
Revolution #9 said:
Don't use the cylindrical ones made from hard foam. Use the bright orange or forest green ones that are really squishy and flair out at the end. They work wonders.
what are these called officially?

seethrew

(superthrew)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2003
cast in steel
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
bbaek said:
i dunno, but i've bought them at walmart before in the pharmacy section. they come with a case that i thought was very cool.

microman

Microman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2004
Status
Would you ever put ear plugs in AS someone was talking to you? I wonder what they would do.

bridge01

hallo!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
CA
Status
Medical Student
once i got some from walmart that were intended to wear while using firearms. the decibel level was like 40. they were super. :D

Chonson

10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bbaek said:
The kind I like are the ones they give out on airline flights (but I think you can get them in drug stores). They are called E-A-Rsoft Yellow Neons by the company E-A-R. These are the squishy foam kind and have 33 dB noise reduction. Also, they're free since my dad works for Continental!

Chonson

10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
microman said:
Would you ever put ear plugs in AS someone was talking to you? I wonder what they would do.
I do as soon as my roommate sits down at the table next to me with a bowl of cereal - I can't stand the noise of someon chewing. Also, a problem I've found with the earplugs designed for shooting (the rubber ones) is that they can pressurize your ear canals and mess with your balance. Seriously. The foam ones don't create this problem.

About the Ads