Best Texas University for Pre-med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of these Texas Unis has the better Pre-med program?

• Total voters

FirestarterSG

Science Junkie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm transferring from National University Singapore over to Texas halfway through my undergrad... got a few accceptances (Baylor, U Houston) and waiting for the others to come in (Rice, UTA, T A&M). But I'm really not sure which University to actually enroll in, and I thought I'd tap the collective pool of pre-meds here at SDN :)

Given my ultimate goal is to get into a medical school, which school would be best for pre-meds like myself? I guess important factors would be a reputable University, small class sizes, research and pre-med opportunities, and helpful pre-med advisors.

I set the poll up so you can vote the best from among the Unis I've applied to... if you've anything to add, please post it here!

Members don't see this ad.

Of the schools you've been accepted to, I would pick Baylor over U. of Houston.

If you get into the rest, I would pick any of them over Baylor.

Rice. Hands down. At least half the pre-meds each year receive at least one acceptance to a top 20 medical school.

None of the other Texas universities come any where close.

I hope you get accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
First, I'm obviously biased. Since that's out of the way, if you are concerned with small class sizes, I would avoid TAMU - it's one of the two largest universities in Texas- but a very good school. If you get into Rice - GO! It's the most academically rigorous university in the state and is very small. If you are not accepted there, well, I'd say go to Baylor. :) Also, the UTA in your initial post, is that UT-Austin or UT-Arlington? That makes a difference in my endorsement of either.

Go where you can get the most support from the advising office and most interaction with your advisors.

Choice for the price-minded: UT Austin (Great bang for the buck)
Choice for $$ is no object: Rice

FYI, I graduated from UT Austin and bleed orange. However the advising leaves something to be desired.

Bottom line: go where you will fit the best. THAT place is where you'll succeed. Good luck.

I'm considering A&M for undergrad as well but I'm afraid the class sizes will really hold me back, I usually do not stand out.

FirestarterSG said:
Hi people,

I'm transferring from National University Singapore over to Texas halfway through my undergrad... got a few accceptances (Baylor, U Houston) and waiting for the others to come in (Rice, UTA, T A&M). But I'm really not sure which University to actually enroll in, and I thought I'd tap the collective pool of pre-meds here at SDN :)

Given my ultimate goal is to get into a medical school, which school would be best for pre-meds like myself? I guess important factors would be a reputable University, small class sizes, research and pre-med opportunities, and helpful pre-med advisors.

I set the poll up so you can vote the best from among the Unis I've applied to... if you've anything to add, please post it here!

Baylor and Rice are the best for premed. Both have the highest acceptance rates into medical school over all of the other universities.

Baylor just opened a brand new multimillion dollar science complex, which is phenomenal, in my opinion. It looks like it could be a stand-alone school.

Of the schools you listed the most reputable are Rice, UT and ATM. These schools each have very different environments/opportunities, and you should take these into account.

I challenge the poster who stated that 1/2 the Rice premeds end up going to top 20 med schools. First off, how many premeds is that exactly? In my group of boys at UT, 3 of us went to top 10 schools, the rest to Baylor/SW and a couple into the other TX schools. This obviously isn't represantative of how the 1000s of premeds at UT/ATM do, but that's because of the sheer size of the schools relative to a place like Rice.

Also bear in mind what the "top 20" schools are, I'd wager that the largest percentage of those are to Baylor and SW, which are both top 15 schools. Both are also school easily attainable from UT + ATM.

Bear in mind that this is all simply what I think, just my opinion.

At ATM the feel is very down to earth, premed wise. The kids want to do good, sure, and they work hard, but I feel like a lot of them want to go into fp/gen practice and stuff like that. Nothing wrong with that, its what geographically makes sense. Little pretense, relatively.

At UT, the crowd tends to be a bit more "metro". A bit less down to earth, a bit more wannabe hipster. As far as professional research goes, ATM is really great in science, but UT is a bit more arrogant, they encourage their top kids to really get into it, like real research schools (CalTech,MIT) and less like other schools where undergrad science research is for those who are truly motivated/gifted and those competitive students who want to look good for med school adcoms (Rice).

Rice is wannabe wannabe ivy. The very structures of their campus are patterned after Stanford, the wannabe ivy of the West. To the poster singing the praises of the Rice premeds, go back and look at how many of them end up at UTMB and UTHouston. It'll be a bit sobering, considering the rep that Rice has. Rice may well have the best liberal arts education in Texas, so if thats what you want go for it. Otherwise, Rice really doesn't have the connxns that have made the ivys so infamous. It is the closest thing to ivy in TX, the closest thing to ivy that it's students could get accepted to, but doesn't really give you what an ivy should.

People who go to ATM knowing what the region is like love it. People who go to UT end up staying for years because its a blast. Of the 3 schools, you'll find that Rice has the highest % of unhappy students. A necessary evil? Perhaps.

Really, the bottom line is that your goal is to go into "a" medical school. You go anywhere, truly anywhere, work your butt off, and you'll get in somewhere. At my med school, most of the kids are from ivys, and then there are a couple from schools I have really never heard of. Like, if I didn't go look them up I wouldn't know if they were real or not. Get your work done, and you'll get where you want to go. Best of luck.

Come to Rice if you can! Being across the street from the Texas Medical Center is awesome (for research, shadowing, volunteering, etc.). We also have generally small classes, and it's not hard to get to know the profs, which is important since they will have to write your recommendations. Plus the pre-med advisor is such a nice lady. Good luck with all your schools! :luck:

EvoDevo said:
Go where you can get the most support from the advising office and most interaction with your advisors.

Choice for the price-minded: UT Austin (Great bang for the buck)
Choice for $$ is no object: Rice

FYI, I graduated from UT Austin and bleed orange. However the advising leaves something to be desired.

Bottom line: go where you will fit the best. THAT place is where you'll succeed. Good luck.

Can you say burnt orange scrubs? :laugh: :idea:

-tx

I figured this thread would become a "my school is better than your school thread" :rolleyes:

to the OP: Do not listen to what the equalizer said...he has no basis for many of his comments

txguy said:
Can you say burnt orange scrubs? :laugh: :idea:

-tx
:idea: Like these?

allheart_1835_212661294

:love: :love:

MadameLULU said:
I figured this thread would become a "my school is better than your school thread" :rolleyes:

to the OP: Do not listen to what the equalizer said...he has no basis for many of his comments
Oh you Rice people. :rolleyes:

;) :p :love:

Oh, and the the part about busting your ass, getting the grades, and being able to go anywhere is excellent advice for anyone, anywhere.

OP: Gowhere you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
You should also consider the environment of the schools. There's lots of good advice here. The only school I can say anything about is UT-Austin, where my brother goes. He's in the Plan II Honors program. I don't know if either of the honors programs accept transfer applicants but it's worth looking into. In any case my brother really loves the school. The atmosphere is definitely liberal, and Austin is a very liberal city and sort of funny; it's one of the only cities I know that has multiple vegan restaurants. :p UT-Austin is also a huge school, though, so unless you're in one of the honors programs you will be faced with all of the problems (and benefits) of a big school.

So I guess my point is that you should also consider the environment of the school. Texas is a big state and the different places have very different social, political, and even physical environments. You could get a good pre-med training at any of the schools. That said, some of the advice in this thread should be very useful in determining which schools are more "prestigious"

I have to agree with everyone else and say Rice, hands down. I think Rice is unique in that all (or almost all) of the students there are very happy with their experience. You can't say the same thing for UT and TAMU and you can't say the same for a lot of schools that are a lot stronger. For getting to medical school, of Texas schools you will do the best out of Rice, although the name still doesn't carry much up north. But seriously, go visit, everyone is happy. It's ridiculous.

Ok - so about the Rice comments. I wouldn't doubt Mateodaspy - but I would question how you're skewing the results. Does Rice have a pre-med committee? AT UT, there is no committee and whoever wants to apply to med school is more than welcome to. That may up the % of kids getting accepted to med schools each cycle.

I'd say your best bets are UT, A&M, and Rice. For better letters of rec. and small class sizes, obviously Rice will be top dog. For research opportunities I'm gonna have to say UT is an excellent choice. We have quite a few research labs on campus so it's not terribly awful finding one.

The pre-med population is probably the most tame at A&M [in a good way], meaning not so in your face. However, I am biased towards UT. I think that people are too easily intimidated by the university's size, and think they will get lost in the crowd. I have really enjoyed fighting through the masses to establish myself here, and I think that you are much less coddled here and you get a great sense of how much desire you have to enter med school.

Evo was right about our advising though. It leaves much to be desired, so Rice is probably the best choice in that regard.

If you, being from Singapore, are looking for the most "accepting" environment, I'd say UT is your best choice because we have tons of international students here and quite a diverse class due to its size.

Just my thoughts.

Sitra,
Yes. Rice has a pre-med advising, although in my opinion, they aren't very helpful. I visited the office a total of 3 times during my time at rice. Once as a freshmen, and twice after I had graduated and was ready to apply to med school. I think anyone who wants to apply to med school can apply. I dont think they do any sort of gate-keeping in terms of not writing cover letters for those who they don't think should apply.

To the poster who stated that I have no basis for many of my comments, I hazard to ask what exactly it is you know about my experiences and what I do and do not have a basis to say.

On top of this, I did clearly state that what I was saying was simply my opinion, which means that I don't exactly have binders of proof to fedex to you for your perusal - though you'd probably like to see them if I did. I really get annoyed when weirdos hate on people who are just giving their opinions.

And to the OP, if you take anything from my thread, or any of these let it be that they are all opinions. The commonality btw them is just what I ended my post with: work hard to get in. Thats what you need to take from this, and thats what you need to spread when you're on here in a few years and some kid asks the q that you did. Best of luck to you.

MadameLULU said:
Sitra,
Yes. Rice has a pre-med advising, although in my opinion, they aren't very helpful. I visited the office a total of 3 times during my time at rice. Once as a freshmen, and twice after I had graduated and was ready to apply to med school. I think anyone who wants to apply to med school can apply. I dont think they do any sort of gate-keeping in terms of not writing cover letters for those who they don't think should apply.

Subtelny and Avenoso were fired. The new pre-med adviser at Rice is absolutely amazing! :) :)

the_equalizer said:
Of the schools you listed the most reputable are Rice, UT and ATM. These schools each have very different environments/opportunities, and you should take these into account.

I challenge the poster who stated that 1/2 the Rice premeds end up going to top 20 med schools. First off, how many premeds is that exactly? In my group of boys at UT, 3 of us went to top 10 schools, the rest to Baylor/SW and a couple into the other TX schools. This obviously isn't represantative of how the 1000s of premeds at UT/ATM do, but that's because of the sheer size of the schools relative to a place like Rice.

Also bear in mind what the "top 20" schools are, I'd wager that the largest percentage of those are to Baylor and SW, which are both top 15 schools. Both are also school easily attainable from UT + ATM.

About fifty Rice kids were accepted at Baylor this year -- more than the number of UT-Austin students that got in... And I'm pretty sure that there were far many more applicants from UT-Austin than Rice since UT is about 20 times the size of Rice. :)

It is the closest thing to ivy in TX, the closest thing to ivy that it's students could get accepted to, but doesn't really give you what an ivy should.

:laugh: :laugh: I know many Rice kids that got into ivies, but chose to go to Rice instead (myself included)... some of us just decided to stay in Texas.

Thanks for all of your useful advice, though, about schools you clearly know nothing about. Why not just stick with talking about UT next time you decide to rattle off on one of these threads? kthx.

Mateodaspy said:
Subtelny and Avenoso were fired. The new pre-med adviser at Rice is absolutely amazing! :) :)

Are you sure they were fired? Subtelny probably retired. I met the new adviser at the UTSW dinner-- she "seemed" pretty cool...

the_equalizer said:
To the poster who stated that I have no basis for many of my comments, I hazard to ask what exactly it is you know about my experiences and what I do and do not have a basis to say.

On top of this, I did clearly state that what I was saying was simply my opinion, which means that I don't exactly have binders of proof to fedex to you for your perusal - though you'd probably like to see them if I did. I really get annoyed when weirdos hate on people who are just giving their opinions.

And to the OP, if you take anything from my thread, or any of these let it be that they are all opinions. The commonality btw them is just what I ended my post with: work hard to get in. Thats what you need to take from this, and thats what you need to spread when you're on here in a few years and some kid asks the q that you did. Best of luck to you.

the equalizer,
I'm not hating on you, I just "really get annoyed when wierdos hate" on things they know -NOTHING- about...but i dont want to argue about this...i'll just point out some inaccurate statements you made about Rice
1. it wasn't designed after stanford...
2. vey FEW of rice's students end up at UT-Houston...most go to Baylor, UTSW, or UTSA
3. happiness is all relative...i bet you will find the same percentage of students who are unhappy at UT or A&M....

EvoDevo said:
Oh you Rice people. :rolleyes:

;) :p :love:

Oh, and the the part about busting your ass, getting the grades, and being able to go anywhere is excellent advice for anyone, anywhere.

OP: Gowhere you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to. :luck:

I completely agree with Evo....it's all about busting your butt wherever you decide to go. I must say, however, that a 4.0 from Rice would probably look better than a 4.0 from anywhere else in Texas. Also, I almost hate to say this, but the undergraduate schools are evaluated *somewhat* on US News and World Report rankings. Therefore, I'd recommend Rice, UT, or A&M. I wouldn't recommend U of H, as it is a third or fourth-tier school. I'm not trying to hate, but I've heard that the medical schools do not look as favorably upon U of H applicants as those from the other four schools. This is just my two cents though....

MadameLULU said:
Are you sure they were fired? Subtelny probably retired. I met the new adviser at the UTSW dinner-- she "seemed" pretty cool...

They were basically fired (talk to Dr. I), I don't know anything about the new advisor. Anyhow, to answer the question of whetehr or not Rice pre-med committe screens, they don't. They will support any students decisions to apply as far as I know. Oh, and equalizer, it's obvious that Rice is the best bet in Tx for premed. Like Mateodapsy (sp?) said, we only had about 160 people apply this year, and if you add up the 80 - 90 accepted to utsw and baylor and others who got accepted elsewhere, you can see how amazing the acceptance rates are. UT has thousands of people apply per year yet they have an equal number of student representatives at Baylor and UTSW, now what does that tell you? OP, if you get into Rice, go, otherwise I say UT.

Do NOT go to the University of Houston. It has been my OWN PERSONAL HELL for the last four years. Everything about this school is like an unending nightmare. The dorms are unsafe and in disrepair. The classes are huge. The professors are no-names. The people don't care about anything except getting drunk or getting their $hitty little business degree.

As for Rice, the academic programs there are great. However, I'd caution you that the people would be EXCESSIVELY BURDENSOME to be around for four years. Everyone I've EVER met from Rice is pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, self-absorbed and generally thinks that they're better than everyone else. If you do come to UH do NOT make friends with Rice people, as they will only belittle you and treat you as a charity case.

Flame away biotches, but to the OP this is the God's honest truth.

Reactions: 1 user
Rice if private. UT Austin if public. Rice if either. That's it, short and simple.

FirestarterSG said:
Hi people,

I would go to Rice (if you get accepted)! :idea: ;) . You will be right across the street from Texas Medical center, and you can get in good with the people on the adcom's. ;)

I think the comment that UT and Rice have a similar number of students in Baylor and SW deserves consideration. My experience with the two schools, which is sure to be challenged here, is that the top students in both schools are of an equal caliber. I have little doubt that the average Rice student prob. has more going for them (in the context of this conversation of course) than the avg UT student. I would even say that the top 10% of the Rice class would surpass the top 10% of the UT class, again, because UT is so much larger. However, if you look at the top 15 or 20 kids in a given program at UT and Rice, and compare their post-grad outcomes, I'm sure that you will find that they are very similar. Even the unabashed Rice supporters should agree with this, as many of them have already stated that UT and Rice have a similar number of students in Baylor and SW.

Now at the same time, compare the top students from Rice and the upper ivy schools ( :laugh: ) and you'll find a rather large disparity. Make of that what you will.

The argument that Rice is better for premeds because it has a higher percentage of students in baylor/sw than UT really doesn't reflect very well on the intelligence of the school's products. Of course it has a higher percentage, its a smaller school! Rice is a small private school that is much more selective than UT. The top number of students at either school will do well, and there is nothing to show that the Rice ones are any better off than the UT ones.

Now compare the cities. I've lived in Austin and worked at MD Anderson, and I challenge anyone here to say that Rice Village can even hold a candle to 6th St, or that Hermann Park is prettier than Barton Creek. Austin is consistently ranked amongst the best cities in America to live in, Houston - crappy. And whoever said that both schools are equally fun or that the students are equally happy or whatever is grossly misinformed. Talk to Rice kids when you're visiting, talk to their friends and families at home and you'll see that it isn't second to DisneyWorld as the happiest place on earth.

If you can get into Rice, and work your butt off there you'll do well. But, same for UT. No clear advantage delineated.

Oh yeah, and I too got into Rice and a couple o' the ivys i applied to way back when.

Haters (mateo whatever) attack.....now.
kthx

Docta "O" said:
I'm considering A&M for undergrad as well but I'm afraid the class sizes will really hold me back, I usually do not stand out.

Honours Programme baby - the classes are about a 1/3 the size and you get to register early which is really really really helpful. Just don't listen to the people in the office they dont' know what they are talking about and pick favourites the first year. The OPSA is really good though.

SitraAchra said:
I'm a UT student..I've got no Rice hate ;)

[might have a bit for A&M though]

No Rice hate here either. I got in there but decided not to go after a bad experience with a campus visit. They totally acted like I didn't exist til they found out I was national merit; that's bulls__t. You should treat everyone the same when they are coming to visit your school.

t.u. is another story though... got some hate for them :D

getunconcsious said:
Do NOT go to the University of Houston. It has been my OWN PERSONAL HELL for the last four years. Everything about this school is like an unending nightmare. The dorms are unsafe and in disrepair. The classes are huge. The professors are no-names. The people don't care about anything except getting drunk or getting their $hitty little business degree.

As for Rice, the academic programs there are great. However, I'd caution you that the people would be EXCESSIVELY BURDENSOME to be around for four years. Everyone I've EVER met from Rice is pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, self-absorbed and generally thinks that they're better than everyone else. If you do come to UH do NOT make friends with Rice people, as they will only belittle you and treat you as a charity case.

Flame away biotches, but to the OP this is the God's honest truth.

the caps on 'ever' are duely noted.

getunconcsious said:

but it's the best TX university, right? ;)

the_equalizer said:
And whoever said that both schools are equally fun or that the students are equally happy or whatever is grossly misinformed. Talk to Rice kids when you're visiting, talk to their friends and families at home and you'll see that it isn't second to DisneyWorld as the happiest place on earth.

I believe you're referring to me, but I never said that UT and Rice were equally happy. I said that I would guess that they have the same percentage of students who are happy/satisfied about their choices to attend the schools and the opportunities experienced there. I know Rice has it's fair share of such students, as well as students who aren't happy.
Just b/c a student isn't happy doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the school, so your argument is simply crap. There are a lot of underlying factors that influence one's experience... perhaps the people who are unhappy chose a school that didn't fit their needs or perhaps they would be unhappy at -any- school.

EvoDevo said:
:idea: Like these?

allheart_1835_212661294

:love: :love:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My friend wore a burnt orange longhorn skull cap during some of his rotations.....

-tx

I visited my pre-med committee for the first time a couple of months before graduating from Rice. They were really helpful and they did an awesome job getting my stuff together and truly advising me. I have nothing but praise for the Rice Pre-med Office.

Also, I have a couple of good friends from UT and UH who applied with me and their experiences were MUCH more difficult and complicated (i.e. length of time spent waiting to see advisor, lack of friendliness, etc.) when they went to their schools' pre-med departments.

I think if you're the type of person who likes a small, intimate school, you'll like Rice. If you want to be around TONS of people the same age, with diverse interests, a hipper city, people actually wearing burnt orange scrubs, etc. then UT's a great choice.

Oh, just go to Rice. :)

Mateodaspy said:
the caps on 'ever' are duely noted.

Since you seem to pride yourself on the very attributes I delineated, I figured you wouldn't be too upset ;)

curiosity question to people who have heard U of H is bad for pre-med. who did you hear this from, adcoms or from other fellow students.

I go to U of H, and i agree that med schools don't think highly of us. i don't know why.

i wish had gone to ut-austin, they gave me scholarship and everything. oh well, live and learn.

thehopeful said:
curiosity question to people who have heard U of H is bad for pre-med. who did you hear this from, adcoms or from other fellow students.

I go to U of H, and i agree that med schools don't think highly of us. i don't know why.

i wish had gone to ut-austin, they gave me scholarship and everything. oh well, live and learn.

:scared: :scared: Why didn't you go??

-tx

MadameLULU said:
Sitra,

Can you believe Subtelny left!!!
That Michelle Daly woman (who is over academic advising) did not consider what could happen if they get rid of an advisor before starting to train a second one. That guy, Avinoso, is gone too! He sucked anyway! I heard things are so different with Leebron (Lebron ---> who cares) as pres.. Gillis was really cool. And the whole Camacho fiasco was a mess. But oh well!
I graduated last May (yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh 2004; Martel!--> the best college at Rice). Subtelny wrote my cover letter for my file. Now that he is gone, I have to make an attempt to meet the new woman (Dr. Whiner). She is from BCM, but is neither really knowledgeable of the pre-med process. She is learning though!

cya!

riceman04 said:
Can you believe Subtelny left!!!
That Michelle Daly woman (who is over academic advising) did not consider what could happen if they get rid of an advisor before starting to train a second one. That guy, Avinoso, is gone too! He sucked anyway! I heard things are so different with Leebron (Lebron ---> who cares) as pres.. Gillis was really cool. And the whole Camacho fiasco was a mess. But oh well!
I graduated last May (yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh 2004; Martel!--> the best college at Rice). Subtelny wrote my cover letter for my file. Now that he is gone, I have to make an attempt to meet the new woman (Dr. Whiner). She is from BCM, but is neither really knowledgeable of the pre-med process. She is learning though!

cya!

What's up JM ;) Missed you at Beer Bike. Where were you?

txguy said:
:scared: :scared: Why didn't you go??

-tx

many things: not being well informed, family, didn't want to live alone, didn't know what to expect in college, i didn't know anyone who went to austin and i knew some that went to UH, and i guess they didn't know about the pre-med thing either. many many things....

Just go to the undergraduate school that you want to. If you like UT best, go there. If you some other school, choose it. In my humble opinion, where you do your undergraduate studies really doesn't matter. People get into all the top schools from all the mentioned schools.

Its my hunch that most people who will be making decisions on your admittance will be thinking along the same line. Its how you do in your undergraduate education and what unique opportunities you've taken advantage of, not where you go.

I'd give my vote to Lamar University. I know it's smaller (11,000 undergrad), but the acceptance rate for those that apply is better than any other school in Texas that I know of. This year 9 students applied and 8 got their 1st choice. (The 9th didn't get in, but that was no shock) The student-to-teacher ratio is outstanding and the premed committee goes out of their way to help each applicant. The acceptances were all from Texas allopathic schools ranging from Texas Tech to MD/PhD at Baylor. Just my biased opinion.

baylorshannon said:
First, I'm obviously biased. Since that's out of the way, if you are concerned with small class sizes, I would avoid TAMU - it's one of the two largest universities in Texas- but a very good school. If you get into Rice - GO! It's the most academically rigorous university in the state and is very small. If you are not accepted there, well, I'd say go to Baylor. :) Also, the UTA in your initial post, is that UT-Austin or UT-Arlington? That makes a difference in my endorsement of either.

Oh contrair mon frair! TAMU is out to bust your balls! It is by far the most academically challenging. Rice is a great liberal arts school, it has a great science department, but nothing compared to that of the research and health science center that TAMU can provide plus undergrad degrees out of the vet school. So you have classes taught by clinicians. Having done my undergrad at A&M, grad at UT, and lots of friends at Rice, I would say TAMU is by far the hardest.

Plus according to Dr. Jones ( UT San Antonio Dean of Admissions) , There are only three tier one universities in the state, UT, TAMU, and Rice. So if you go with one of those three you should be good. TAMU is nice and you will not come away with a coke habbit.

trauma_junky said:

Oh contrair mon frair! TAMU is out to bust your balls! It is by far the most academically challenging. Rice is a great liberal arts school, it has a great science department, but nothing compared to that of the research and health science center that TAMU can provide plus undergrad degrees out of the vet school. So you have classes taught by clinicians. Having done my undergrad at A&M, grad at UT, and lots of friends at Rice, I would say TAMU is by far the hardest.

You've lost your speaking privelages for the night. Come on, TAMU harder than Rice or UT?!?! Your out of your damn mind. Not to mention that $hit hole town of college station and the fact that everyone from your alma mater being a freaking idiot about their school pride. Lmao your post is laughable :laugh:

Alexander Pink said:
You've lost your speaking privelages for the night. Come on, TAMU harder than Rice or UT?!?! Your out of your damn mind. Not to mention that $hit hole town of college station and the fact that everyone from your alma mater being a freaking idiot about their school pride. Lmao your post is laughable :laugh:

I don't know, maybe A&M is really hard. I don't go there, so I have no idea - but if that's the case, it's one more reason not to go. You have to have good grades to go to med school!