Best unit at CVS Health??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone opinion on best business unit to hack out some years at CVS health?

Coram/infusion? nationwide
Omnicare LTC? nationwide
Caremark PBM? Phoenix/Irving
Mail order? SA/Chicago?
Retail pharmacy? nationwide

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Omnicare, I've heard lots of good things about Omnicare, but I don't know how they've changed since CVS took them over.

I would say Omnicare, I've heard lots of good things about Omnicare, but I don't know how they've changed since CVS took them over.

Things have been really heating up since this January. CVS doesn't really understand long term care pharmacy....., so it has been a challenging transition. Most of my frustration stems from their blind focus on metrics that don't work for LTC (etc: RXs verified per hour, percent of first doses sent to a CVS retail pharmacy, time the delivery leaves, speed a stat delivery gets to the facility, NDC override rate at verification) because there are so many variables that go into it.

Overall, I have enjoyed working here in spite of it being owned by CVS. It was much more chill before the take over, however!