Best unit at CVS Health??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quickpic007

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is everyone opinion on best business unit to hack out some years at CVS health?

Coram/infusion? nationwide
Omnicare LTC? nationwide
Caremark PBM? Phoenix/Irving
Mail order? SA/Chicago?
Retail pharmacy? nationwide
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say Omnicare, I've heard lots of good things about Omnicare, but I don't know how they've changed since CVS took them over.
 
I would say Omnicare, I've heard lots of good things about Omnicare, but I don't know how they've changed since CVS took them over.

Things have been really heating up since this January. CVS doesn't really understand long term care pharmacy....., so it has been a challenging transition. Most of my frustration stems from their blind focus on metrics that don't work for LTC (etc: RXs verified per hour, percent of first doses sent to a CVS retail pharmacy, time the delivery leaves, speed a stat delivery gets to the facility, NDC override rate at verification) because there are so many variables that go into it.

Overall, I have enjoyed working here in spite of it being owned by CVS. It was much more chill before the take over, however!