Best USMLE Step 1 review books...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question some of you that have taken the boards might be able to answer. What do you think is the best way to approach studying boards. Price is not an option, only trying to maximize my score. Should i buy the kaplan review books (the ones they offer if you take their classes..i think it's something like 8 volumes, kinda big books) or should i just use First Aid and then cross reference that with BRS and High Yield books? What is the most efficient way to get the info that i need for the real test. Also, if the second option is best, which books are better to study from, the BRS or High Yield books?

Also, how long did you have to study for the test? Is 4-5 weeks sufficient? I know kids in my class that are actually studying now but i don't know if i would remember the info in 6 months if i did that. Thanks.

Is there a website out there that lists effective study schedules for the boards that people have actually used??

Members don't see this ad.