You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Best video series for each subject for step 1?
Started by doc-Oc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Micro = SketchyBest video series for each subject for step 1?
Path = Pathoma
Pharm = Raymon
Physio = Najeeb
thanks how about the other subjects? and what if i dont have time for najeeb? heard his videos are long.Micro = Sketchy
Path = Pathoma
Pharm = Raymon
Physio = Najeeb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BRS/Skinny Linda or the Kaplan Phys videos if Najeeb is too long. Anatomy and embryology are very basic and lower yield for Step. If you know what little of those topics are in FA you're fine. FA is all you need for neuro. There really aren't any good videos for biochem/cell bio.thanks how about the other subjects? and what if i dont have time for najeeb? heard his videos are long.
Last edited:
That's the Kaplan biochem videos (Raymon does a few as well). I watched a few and thought they were alright, but they aren't on par with what @bashwell recommended for other subjects in terms of quality. Biochem is a weird subject on Step, and based on my experience the best approach is to just repeatedly go through the biochem chapter in FA (i.e., it's a topic that's better suited for cold memorization rather than conceptualization based on how questions are asked).
Best video series for each subject for step 1?
Micro-sketchy
Pharm-sketchy
Path-Pathoma
Rest-RX
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The Boards and Beyond video series is clutch for many Step 1 topics. I'm an M3 now but found it really useful during my dedicated period and often refer back to it in M3. He's a good teacher-a Harvard cardiologist. I'm usually wary of new resources but he's overall done an excellent job.
The Boards and Beyond video series is clutch for many Step 1 topics. I'm an M3 now but found it really useful during my dedicated period and often refer back to it in M3. He's a good teacher-a Harvard cardiologist. I'm usually wary of new resources but he's overall done an excellent job.
I am really thinking of buying the 3 month subscription to brush up on areas I'm weak on (ex: Behavioral, Biochem, Renal for me) for step. Still hesitant and don't want to be resource overload....that said I've enjoyed the videos in the 1 week trial..
Which topics did you like from him?
Path - Pathoma
Micro - Sketchy (x1000)
Pharm - Sketchy
General overview of everything - DIT
Anatomy - go on YouTube and search for Dr. Preddy
Micro - Sketchy (x1000)
Pharm - Sketchy
General overview of everything - DIT
Anatomy - go on YouTube and search for Dr. Preddy
Now to the real question.. how can I get these resources for free/cheap?
Torrents. Though last I checked (which was a year ago) all of the Sketchy torrents were taken down, and the best one, when they were still available, was missing most of the viral videos. Otherwise just share an account with multiple classmates. The Kaplan videos with Raymon are pretty much only available via torrents.Now to the real question.. how can I get these resources for free/cheap?
Last edited:
Has anyone used the Becker video series before? How does it compare with Kaplan?
Check out the Osmosis series.
Best video series for each subject for step 1?
I liked all his subjects. They are all worth it in my opinion (even Micro). Since the guy is an actual cardiologist, his cardio videos are clutch. However, his micro, biochem, and essentially other videos are amazing. And he is also quite concise which is a plus. Again, please don't take what I say as the truth, watch the free videos first. I watched them, loved them, and have been a fan ever since.I am really thinking of buying the 3 month subscription to brush up on areas I'm weak on (ex: Behavioral, Biochem, Renal for me) for step. Still hesitant and don't want to be resource overload....that said I've enjoyed the videos in the 1 week trial..
Which topics did you like from him?
Sketchy for Pharm and Micro
Pathoma for Path
For me Sketchy is the absolute can't do without resource. It makes Micro and Pharm questions a piece of cake, even the little details. I saw someone say once in regards to sketchy, "Give them your money and thank them for the opportunity" and I feel it couldn't be anymore true.
Anyways that's all I've used. Anything more during the year just becomes more stuff you have to do imo. I was going to try Picmonic or some other things for specific topics I'm having trouble with during dedicated though.
Pathoma for Path
For me Sketchy is the absolute can't do without resource. It makes Micro and Pharm questions a piece of cake, even the little details. I saw someone say once in regards to sketchy, "Give them your money and thank them for the opportunity" and I feel it couldn't be anymore true.
Anyways that's all I've used. Anything more during the year just becomes more stuff you have to do imo. I was going to try Picmonic or some other things for specific topics I'm having trouble with during dedicated though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now to the real question.. how can I get these resources for free/cheap?
Legally (the recommended route)-- honestly, Pathoma and Sketchy are worth the money. But I know Pathoma will give class discounts if you get a big enough group together, and I'm guessing Sketchy does as well.
Illegally-- ask your classmates, probably somebody has a lot of this stuff on a drive somewhere.
I already have sketchy and pathoma. My class had like every resource in a fileshare but it got taken down recently.Legally (the recommended route)-- honestly, Pathoma and Sketchy are worth the money. But I know Pathoma will give class discounts if you get a big enough group together, and I'm guessing Sketchy does as well.
Illegally-- ask your classmates, probably somebody has a lot of this stuff on a drive somewhere.
Any reviews on Physeo for Physio?
I'm a big fan of it. They have pretty long videos but the videos are all high yield. It has allowed me to understand cardio physiology at a 90-95% level when I understood it at about an 80%Any reviews on Physeo for Physio?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 250