Best way to do citations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starstarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I tried to search this topic because I assumed someone would have discussed (let met know if anyone knows of a similar thread), but no luck.

Basically I was wondering the most convenient way to make a citations list for my research paper reference section. Is there any sort of software (preferably free or that my school might have!) that will put them in the right format or anything? The way I am doing it seems extremely inefficient and I wanted to know if someone knows something I don't!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so I tried to search this topic because I assumed someone would have discussed (let met know if anyone knows of a similar thread), but no luck.

Basically I was wondering the most convenient way to make a citations list for my research paper reference section. Is there any sort of software (preferably free or that my school might have!) that will put them in the right format or anything? The way I am doing it seems extremely inefficient and I wanted to know if someone knows something I don't!

Thanks!!
Use EndNote. /End thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Endnote is bulky and expensive.

I prefer ReadCube the best, if all you are citing are journal articles. However, if you are mixing in books, chapters, and the like, Zotero is better (and free).

Endnote is bulky and expensive.

I prefer ReadCube the best, if all you are citing are journal articles. However, if you are mixing in books, chapters, and the like, Zotero is better (and free).

Endnote can be gotten for free through a lot of medical schools (including both my med school and my current residency). It also has the integration with word.

Reactions: 1 user
Endnote can be gotten for free through a lot of medical schools (including both my med school and my current residency). It also has the integration with word.
Not mine, weirdly enough. All the PIs and research groups use zotero since they can share libraries with each author for a given manuscript.

Yup, ours was free thru the med school. Love that it integrates with Word.